Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ahem!
Thank you so much for your kindness everyone; I really appreciate it. I still love 'religion', only I find it difficult to believe any of it now. It just sounds silly and naive outside of a church context. But I'm not sure, so I'm now an agnostic who is no stranger to church. Parents were heartbroken when I told them; they think it's a Satanic attack that can be at least helped through counselling. The word 'abomination' was kicked about a few times! They'll not welcome any boyfriends which is fine as I'm currently single. However, they haven't kicked me out and they've made it clear that I'm still their son and they still love me; the counselling hasn't reared its ugly head yet. They're just ignoring the fact that I said anything, unless they have to address it - when they refer to it as the 'bombshell'! But they've been magnificent throughout; watching them try and cope with such news has made me respect them so much more.

hello and welcome to the forum Craig, hope you like it Smile
Sometimes you need a bit of chaos in your life to be able to shrug off pitiful disdain about something meaningless.

I can't post videos yet, so will send it to you in PM. It's a video that really helped my religious mom in dealing with me coming out and it also helped me to confirm that yes, I am still God's child and I am exactly the way he made me Confusedmile:

G Day Craig and welcome to the gayspeak family Smile

Welcome to the forum!

Spades, Thanks for the link and for your concern. It's a bit long so I'll not get to watch it now, but I will watch it at some point. It looks really good though. It would just be a bit awkward raising the subject with my parents; I think we've agreed to disagree on this. Anyway, even if Christ himself appeared to them saying that being gay was fine I still think they'd favour Leviticus over him! Some months ago, I finished reading a book entitled 'The Gay Gospels: Good News For LGBT People' by Keith Sharpe about this subject which I found helpful. It's obviously got an agenda but it has some good points. I think it takes things a bit far, though. Nevertheless, I'd recommend it.

JUst a question , how did your parents faced the truth about your sexuality ?

Hello and welcome CraigWelcome

He has a great argument for the Leviticus verse Wink
Even if you can't show them, it might give you something to say back to em if they ever start again.

But you can still count yourself lucky that they "love the sinner" :tongue:

Welcome! Wavey