Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Air Force Questions
So I recently filled out a thing sent to me in the mail, recruiting people for the United States Air Force. I got an email the other day from a recruiter saying that from the information I gave I may qualify to be accepted. The email gave me an address for the recruiter in my area. My issue is that I haven’t decided if it’s right for me… I want help people but I don’t think I can fly anything. Mainly I would want to do something like join the Air Force Reserve and go to college for engineering or something and build or work on the aircrafts for them. I’m not sure if that’s a possibility or if there are other hoops I would have to jump through. I’m not sure if anyone can give me advice on this particular subject, but if you know anything about the Air Force please let me know.

Well I would look at that link below it may be of help??????

http://http://www.airforce.com/benefits/...education/

TwistedLove Wrote:So I recently filled out a thing sent to me in the mail, recruiting people for the United States Air Force. I got an email the other day from a recruiter saying that from the information I gave I may qualify to be accepted. The email gave me an address for the recruiter in my area. My issue is that I haven’t decided if it’s right for me… I want help people but I don’t think I can fly anything. Mainly I would want to do something like join the Air Force Reserve and go to college for engineering or something and build or work on the aircrafts for them. I’m not sure if that’s a possibility or if there are other hoops I would have to jump through. I’m not sure if anyone can give me advice on this particular subject, but if you know anything about the Air Force please let me know.

Well, from what I understand, the Air force is the most personnel friendly part of the U.S. military. As far as building and maintaining airplanes, that is not something they would likely have an engineer doing. First, military aircraft are not built by the military. They are built by private companies like Boeing and the French Airbus. Also, the people who work on the air crafts are mechanics, not engineers. Engineers, mechanical engineers, deign engines and various other equipment, but they rarely actually assemble the equipment themselves. And as I said before, the military gets its airplanes from private companies. Indeed, even NASA's brand new low orbiter was made by Boeing.

What I can tell you is that engineers have long been an important part of any military, from building war machines like trebuchets and battering rams in ancient times to designing infrastructural support like bridges, dams and finding means to supply fresh water, irrigation, and electricity to communities. The Army Corps of Engineers is largely responsible for those types of projects, however, and the Army Academy, West Point (founded by Thomas Jefferson), is still considered one of the best schools for that type (structural, I suppose) of engineering. But like all military academies, it is hard to get into, and one only does it if they plan a life in the military.

thank you both. I was not entirely sure about much of what I was saying, but i'm not sure why i said engineer I know very well it was mechanics haha I am going to blame that on having just woke up when i posted this.

It takes more folk to maintain an aircraft than fly it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

fredv3b Wrote:It takes more folk to maintain an aircraft than fly it.

So True. I just finished looking at the site given and have decided it is something I would like to pursue. I am going to try for a career in AGE (Aerospace Ground Equipment) which I believe fits my first post to a T.