Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alien Encounters
Who believes in aliens or are we the only life form in the universe.
An eye for an eye

I believe something is out there if you go far enough. Earth can't be the only planet in the universe that supports life. I don't believe that alien life has ever contacted us and I'm skeptical of whether contact will ever happen, but I doubt we're alone.

I agree with VileKyle.

Although we can be the only lifeforms in the whole universe....I mean, really...a WHOLE universe with just US in it???? What a waste.

I dont think we have ever been "visited". I think UFO's were created by governments to keep the "sheep" occupied with something, so the government can keep on doing their underhanded dealings without getting caught red handed.

I mean think about it. If an alien race DID visit here, they sure as hell wouldnt do it in the middle of the night, out in the freeking boonies!! They would do it in a populated area. I mean, if youre going to visit another planet, its a wasted effort to just go look at cows, then go home.

Same goes for "Bigfoot" and "Nessie".

I believe that given how many planets are out there in space,that it would be very unlikely that we are the only planet with intelligent life on it.

I believe that there has to be other intelligent, sentient beings, Similar to the movie Green Lantern [Image: Green_Lantern_poster.jpg]
However, not so superhero-ish.

But as vain creatures, humans tend not to want to accept anything with an advantage over themselves or that are different from themselves, so many tend not to want to believe we aren't alone.

However, it may not be the stereotypical alien or UFO, but just a genetically different, however sentient being, whose intelligence is relative to ours.

Hard to say, say it's a very tricky concept. But never say never Wink

Yes, we ARE being invaded......

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTbQ27H4bxYvACD0TTSnlz...1HM_6zB0gA]

[Image: %5Bpictures.4ever.eu%5D%20ufo,%20pigeon%20169490.jpg]

[Image: 6164512440_efd8c7c65b_z.jpg]

Personally, I believe that there definately is "life out there".

My fear? that they might find us in my life-time. (Although at my stage of advancing senility, it's getting less and less by the day).

We might just become a food source, like chickens, or something....

But then I'm told I'm a bit "mad":tongue:, but that's cool, I won't deny, in fact I embrace, just not boring, or depressing.......

What I tell dogmatic religous bigots, who are unwary enough to push themselves into my universe? :mad:

We are a biological experiment of some super alien species and earth is their petrie-dish, now bugger off until you can prove me wrong. Biglaugh

Anyone who believes that we are the only and unique life in the Universe must be totally bonkers!

Like others, I don't believe that we have been visited by aliens and frankly (putting my neck out here), I don't believe that, given the distances, any evidence of life on other plants will be found in the next few hundred or maybe thounds years.

There was a recent programme on Channel4 TV called "Confessions of an alian abductee" in which various people tried to prove that they had been abducted. One woman underwent a polugraph test that naturally, ended in the fat that she wasy lying, and then underwent a DNA test to prove that she wasn't an alien as she believed. All it proved was that she was human. She didn't believe either of the tests of course.

There are a lot of people out there who will refused to be convinced.

Actually, many abductees genuinely believe they were abducted so even if the polygraph worked as it was supposed to in theory (which tests if the speaker feels guilt or nervousness presumed to be felt by those who lie rather than some objective reality, and they're not reliable even with that in mind and I've heard how easy it is to beat them, especially if you've ever experienced or witnessed trauma before) then most would be seen as telling the truth. Of course she could be the exception, but given she willingly took the tests I believe the problem was more with the polygraph test than that she was knowingly and willfully lying (as opposed to deluded).

I agree with londoner and trialbyerror, there has to be something, even if its a tiny worm in a rock on some planet we havent heard off, or even intelligent life

There was a brilliant docu-drama on telly, there was a group of guys, they ALL saw one member of the group be abducted, and ALL passed the polygraph test, except one who left cos he had had enough and didnt finish the test, years later he agreed to take it and he passed.

They were all respectable and gained nothing, for a couple it had ruined there lifes, one is scared all the time, it was one of the best documentrys i ever saw.