Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All life will be over!
... in not later than 5 billion years.:eek:

Two french scientist just found out that, if we are lucky, the earth will be destroyed together with the inner planets when the sun becomes a red giant star.

But if we are unlucky, there are many scenarios that could easily happen to us...:

click me!

So after reading this news, I decided it wont be necessary to buy some food today... Rolleyes :biggrin:

Aha remember whent he world was going to end last year :')

That was fun.

EVERRYONE KNOWS IT END IN 2012 MR SHADE!!

The Mayan calander says sooo!!!

DUUUHHH!!!!!

Oh yes, I remember. Our solar system will make it full, 26.000 years lasting, circle around an other starsystem or something.

But as far as I remember it wont be the end of the world (again :biggrin: ). It's just the end of our age, the stargate will open (and NO. No Richard Dean Anderson today :biggrin: ) and the rebirth of one of their main gods... And the beginning of a new era... or something.... or... maybe...

JUST maybe... our computers will crash... again. Cool :biggrin:

Thanks fjp forgot how beautiful tis song is and the meaning. 2012 is the Age of Aquaris a time of reberth not to be feared but to be looked forward to.

you really think it will end, or is it just the media blowing up somthing thats really insignificant, rember the large hadron collider that was going to create a black hole and suck us all in, yeah were still here .... :O

Robertson Wrote:you really think it will end, or is it just the media blowing up somthing thats really insignificant, rember the large hadron collider that was going to create a black hole and suck us all in, yeah were still here .... :O

It hasn't gone far enough into the research to get anywhere close to even being run successfully.

But yeah, theirs black holes everywhere, their so insignificant we can't see them.

Robertson Wrote:... rember the large hadron collider that was going to create a black hole and suck us all in, yeah were still here .... :O

Of course! The atom racetrack practically runs under our apartment, so PA and I would be the first to go ... but it broke when they fired it up :redface:

Robertson Wrote:you really think it will end, or is it just the media blowing up somthing thats really insignificant, rember the large hadron collider that was going to create a black hole and suck us all in, yeah were still here .... :O

Something will extinguish life on earth eventually. Over the vastness of future time the chance of life on earth continuing grows ever closer to nothing. However as far as I am aware nothing in the story is really new. For many years scientists have known that in a few billion years the Sun will turn into a Red Giant and heat up the earth so all the oceans boil away and life disapears. Scientists have also been unable to say with confidence that the Earths orbit about the Sun would remain, over the course of millions and billions of years, the lovely stable circle that it is and would not cross that of another planet, leading to a collision. What new is the accuracy of scientists predictions but not the prediction that the world will end in billions of years time.

However compared to Global Warming that is occuring now, the media are blowing up events that are so far into the future as to be utterly insignificant.
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

I wonder if human kind would ever live their life in space ships like on Wall-E.

I'm sure in theory its possible, but in implementing it their would be a lack of funding I would imagine Roflmao