Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Almost 40 and finally coming out.
Thank you all for being so warm and welcoming. It has taken a looooong time for me to get to this point and if it was not for my beautiful wife I would not be able to take this step. She has been my best friend and very accepting of who I am. I have been truly blessed.

Can anyone in here give their coming out story? I am writing in a journal along with my wife and we are going to each give our perspectiveon this journey and I could use some insight.

What makes you afraid of coming out exactly?

Hi welcome congratulations on coming out. Smile

well done and welcome Smile

congrats Smile

Welcome to the forum and well done on coming out ^_^

I think that since I lived a lie my whole life coming out will be very difficult for me. I have a lesbian friend she is 19 and has been out for 5 years and thinks nothing of flaunting it.

It is hard to come out and for me the hardest part was admitting to myself. I have been reading this book called Outing-Yourself-Lesbian-Friends-Coworkers by Michelangelo Signorile. It is a step-by-step on how to come out. It may help.

ssgrainbow Wrote:What makes you afraid of coming out exactly?

What made me afraid of coming out? That's easy. I'm 48. I was married 19 years. I have 2 teenage kids. I own a business in a small community. I have an established identity which did not include same-sex relationships. Coming out (less than a month ago) was a huge step into the unknown for me.

Fortunately, I have lived a life of honor and integrity. My friends and family respect me and most have accepted this change in my expression of self. It's an adventure to me. When I feel 'fear', I try to translate it into 'excitement'.

hey brother all the best to you man