Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alone and not liking it
I don't know how to put this up without sounding like a desperate person, but I'm tired of being alone. I can't seem to meet anyone for more than a one night stand. Guy, girl, doesn't matter. I never get further than the bedroom.

I really hate solitude. I'm not all that picky (mainly because I'm not getting picked). I just want someone who's willing to stick around for a while. Is that too much to ask in this day in age?

Where are you looking? Are you likely to find someone who wants more than a one night stand there?
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

Hello there,
In life its best to not look for love yet let love come to you... I do understand where uyour coming from with regards to wanting a partner because when your single and valentines day comes everyone gets a present except the single people in life... Yet on the other hand when your in a relationship at times you may wish to be single because partners can drive each other bloody crazy... Its a committment which envoles sharing bills and you always get one who wants to know the ins and outs of a ducks arse... Id say dont go looking for love just let it come to you in its own good time... Until that does happen enjoy singleton... I do Smile

Kindest regards

zeon

fredv3b Wrote:Where are you looking? Are you likely to find someone who wants more than a one night stand there?
I was wondering this as well. I've definitely been there, but I'd hope Las Vegas would have more options than rural Iowa, especially as you're bi, opening the field up even more. And you make it sound like you do meet people, so wondering where you have been meeting them and if perhaps you should open up to other ways of meeting?

Just people I interact with on a normal everyday thing. I don't do craigslist and dating sites are retarded.

i see what u mean ask urself what u r looking for in a person. but then juust that dont be out searching high and low for the right person. the person who is right for u will come to u when u least expect it trust me it happened to me once upon a timeScatter

TimberWolf5871 Wrote:Just people I interact with on a normal everyday thing. I don't do craigslist and dating sites are retarded.

Well, I personally wouldn't expect to find a good person to date on craigslist, but there's plenty of dating sites, some better than others and many allow free contact without paying a membership. plentyoffish for either gender, gay.com, etc. Plenty of more specialty sites too if there's a specific type you like. Trying social sites like tagged and myspace is also an option. It might not be your ideal, but usually you can tell from profiles - at least with guys - if they're after just a hook-up or actually hope for something more.

Otherwise, if you want to stick to in person, it kind of is depending on who you're meeting... but perhaps you can open up to some friends about hoping to meet someone, and to keep you in mind if they know of anyone. Depending on your interests you could also try joining a club, taking a class at the gym, going to church etc and see if you meet some cool people while doing something you'd enjoy.

And if it's just a general wanting companionship, even a pet might help you feel less alone as you look for the right man or woman to settle down with.

In this situation the first thing you may want to consider is what you are bringing to the table....what kind of qualities do you have to offer someone? Would you date yourself? Do you like spending time with yourself? Why...or why not? A little insight can be beneficial. I hope you find what you are looking for!

East its just occured to me... Your smile you got in your avatar of you is exactly the same as the Happy emoticon on your mood lol....

Well with regards to the topic now id not bother with dating sites either... Gay sites such as gaydar can be good to realease inner bitions and get rid of fustration but dont do it too much or you could feel like your abusing yourself unless of course your gagging for it on a daily basis and want lots of fun but do ti safe

kindest regards

zeon