Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alternatives for the term "come out"?
'arrive to the exterior'

Sylph Wrote:Well humph! I wasn't being literal Mr.Smarty Pants. And we don't call them Carriages...they're buggeys ^o^ .

So there :p

Pulled by ???? :tongue:

You could try saying, "I watched a hardcore guy-on-guy-on-guy-on-guy-on-guy-on-guy-on-guy-on-guy-on-guy-no-girls video, and um, well, I wasn't disappointed."

How about reversing the closet closure policy of stereotypical society.

Hm..

"Coming out of the cupboard."

"Coming out of the pantry."

"Coming out of the drawer."

"Coming out of the fridge." [If you have a walk-in fridge.]

I'd say if you don't like the term, just don't use it. Just say what you mean by it. Discovered you were gay, accepted you were bi, told your friends you were a lesbian, etc.

It's not a particularly PC term, it's just an easy vocab go-to that makes the persons meaning instantly understandable. When a person says they came out of the closet, 99% of people will automatically know what they mean by that, thus allowing them to avoid having to verbalize it in a more awkward way.

After all, for some people they've known about it a lot longer than the people they're informing, so they are literally "coming out" with it. The closet portion is unnecessary, but then again i know many people who just "came out", without feeling the need to specify which area of storage space they were hiding in in the first place.

P.S: I think you need to find a new word by the way, because most of what you seem to regard as political correctness is somewhat off...

Arkansota Wrote:I hate using that term. I have come to think of it as annoying and overused. What are some other terms that convey the same idea?

I let people know I'm gay?

"Giving them the heads up to my homoness."

"Fanning the flames of my faggotry."

Jake Wrote:Per example in French I'd say: "sortir de l'ombre"
Oh gosh, why French is always so sexy?!?!?!

Chicken

In 1956, I said my name is Johnny Marren. I am madly in love with Jimmy Joseph. Everyone knew we were having sex. We did it all over our neighborhood in the nude. It was fun to be a boy in 1956. I didn't give a shit or know or care what gay meant. I came out in order to leave my apartment and go to school at Incarnation Grammar School on 175th St in Manhattan. Jeepers, I was mental arithmetic champ. You didn't come. You were incoherent and couldn't guess what part of the surface of the United States could be covered by the National Debt. I know because I am not incoherent. You need nine one dollar bills to cover a square foot.

Check my arithmetic. I am not incoherent.