Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Am I Bisexual?
I'm 26 and believe I am bi. No one really wants to talk about this issue with me. People think I am lying to them to stir shit up or for attention.

I think I've been in denial about my sexuality because of my Christian religion. Anyway, I've always been attracted to both sexes although I would hide the same sex attraction pretty well into the point of fooling myself. I've had a few old friends that got to know me pretty well and they did ask me if I was into guys because I acted feminine sometimes, although I would deny it. At this point, I really do not care what people think and find myself wanting a boyfriend. If I get lucky, I'm not going to really hide it or be ashamed, I'm comfortable with holding another guys hand in public or whatever. I doubt most people will even believe me at that point still, its funny, they think I am a trickster or something. BUNNY

I'm not really sure how to deal with this or know where to turn to for advice. I'm pretty sure I am bi, because I have gay fantasy's about equally to straight ones. Whats even more confusing is that most guys I do not find attractive, but occasionally there is this one type of guy I find extremely attractive. Fuzz

at least try to go one step further with this thing... just so you cna eb sure... took me 3 guys to notice this... you will still be in denial the 1st 2 times

Seems like you have an idea of what you would like, but now you want to find a label for it. Dont worry about that. How would it feel to just say "i dunno what i am...whatever i feel like at the time"? Go with what you feel and if it works, great, if not, whatever.

donovan Wrote:... No one really wants to talk about this issue with me. ...
Welcome to the forum

donovan Wrote:... they did ask me if I was into guys because I acted feminine sometimes, although I would deny it. ...
gay people are often molded from tenuous childhoods, un affirming family, friends and co-workers; their sexuality is a small part of what makes them a person. I think the next generation will loose this to some degree. If someone is feminine dosnt mean they must be gay just as if they like beer and football dosnt make him the straight.

donovan Wrote:... I've been in denial about my sexuality because of my Christian religion. Anyway, I've always been attracted to both sexes although I would hide the same sex attraction pretty well ...
look into gay affirming churches. do the googles for a church that meets your needs as there are quite a few out there actually. For example in Denver there is a gay catholic church. Myself, past the age of 13, i can count on one hand the number of times I was in church (catholic). Be dammed to have someone over dressed like from an old science fiction movie tell me what is moral or who to vote for. If i put money in the collection basket i want to know it dosnt go to support a hate fund but rather goes for a broad common goodness.

donovan Wrote:... pretty sure I am bi, because I have gay fantasy's about equally to straight ones. Whats even more confusing is that most guys I do not find attractive, but occasionally there is this one type of guy I find extremely attractive
you cant love all of gods creations. There has to be a screening process:
-if one boy is attractive; excellent! ask him out
-at some time in your life you may want a wife or husband. After the jump you cant re think the situation with 2 children, mortgage and a husband/wife.
-think in terms of who you are, trying to fit your self into generic labels will almost always lead to fail

Welcome, donovan! Ultimately, no one can tell you what your sexuality is, you have to realize it yourself. If your fantasies are any indication, then you probably have a pretty good idea already. Wink

Hello Donovan Welcome

Not that I like to label people , but I would say maybe you are bi-curious ,at any rate just as Counselor has stated only you know what you are..

Do some soul searching and follow your hearts desire.