Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Am I being paranoid?
Long story short, I dated a guy for two months till October.
We had safe sex but (Im not sure if some of you remember) he tried to force himself inside my BB after I said I didn't want to do it. Im not sure if he did go in, it just hurt and I felt pressure, I pushed him away and left.

He called me and told me I should get tested for chlamydia because he had it. I got tested in December and I had it. I also got tested for HIV/AIDS.
I got a text a week later which told me I was all clear, I got another text three weeks later to say again I was clear.

I know HIV/AIDS can stay undetected for 3 months, do they (the NHS) keep your blood and re-test it, or was that just an error text?

But, I think he was sleeping with other guys while he was dating me, im a little worried he was.

Im getting tested in a week.
Im scared, or am I being paranoid?

It's great you are getting tested again. I think you are not being paranoid; you are following standard medical protocol and doing what it takes to set yourself at ease. I don't think you have much to worry about. Worrying will do you no good. Get tested again, and ask medical questions to medical professionals and not to internet forums. Write your questions down as they arise so you can just go down the list when getting tested. Have confidence that it's going to be okay and follow your action plan of getting the retest.

I do suggest you talk with them about PrEP when you are there.

IDK why you got two texts. That was probably an error.

Sounds like you're being diligent. Getting tested. No need to be "paranoid". Of course there's a slight chance of infection but that's all it is, a 'slight' chance. Most likely you're just fine. So... nothing good comes of worrying about it. You'll know 100% after the test.

Mark88 Wrote:I know HIV/AIDS can stay undetected for 3 months, do they (the NHS) keep your blood and re-test it, or was that just an error text?

Serum only lasts for so long, 6 months assuming it's being kept at -80C, a month at -20C and maybe a week at 4°C. Fresh samples are always better for a reliable result.

That aside, if you want a re-test because you say HIV can go undetected, why is the blood from that one time relevant?

You need to test your blood NOW, in it's current state. That should be obvious.
[Image: 05onfire1_xp-jumbo-v2.jpg?quality=90&auto=webp]

Being worried, with cause, about something that can be a result of our behaviors is not being paranoid.

Okay to be scared and worried about the results, but there's really nothing you can do at this point about the past.

Keep calm, and get tested again, as you already plan to do.