Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Am I being unfair?
Ok so to be fair, life isn't fair and some people aren't dealt with good cards, and shit happens.

But like I kinda got involved with this dude. We were friends at first, and we progressed. I could say that he's been through a lot of things that I doubt I would have made it through, and the fact that he shared these things with me really made me like him (he already liked me) and we fell in love.

I was then planning to drive to where he is after getting my license, but 2 days ago he told me he wanted to just be friends cuz he had too much to deal with, but that he still loved me and wanted me to be there for him. I said ok, although I was crushed and kinda still am.

Well we spoke, but it felt different. It felt awkward and forced to me, and I told him that I'd rather not speak to him than speak to him like this so I deleted him.

Well I feel like I did the right thing for me, but I'm not sure about him. I would have stuck with him through his struggles as a boyfriend, but after he broke it off my attitude towards him changed, cuz I feel like he kinda fucked with my little heart. But I kinda feel bad for leaving him in the dust like that, but I don't wanna call back cuz I think my dignity has already been torn to bits.

probably? But if you don't feel like it, you can't be a good friend to him.

You didn't say how long you had been together. Dignity has been torn to bits? At least he was honest with you.
It's hard to tell, but if you don't want to be his friend, you can't. It wouldn't be honest.

Well I'll admit, it wasn't too long, but we were quite intense in that amount of time

Maybe because of that you didn't manage to build strong foundations that would have helped you in the crisis.
Just a thought Smile

It could be that this person was not genuine from the start...? People with whom you seem to get on fine who suddenly don't want to see you in person ought be a signal for "watch it!".

princealbertofb Wrote:It could be that this person was not genuine from the start...? People with whom you seem to get on fine who suddenly don't want to see you in person ought be a signal for "watch it!".

I think this post helped take away most of the guilt. THANKS Bighug