Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Am I gay or bisexual? Or straight?
Therapy. Now.

Justme16 Wrote:I don't believe my state has those laws it's just 16 that is the age of consent end of story.

Then you live in a different Los Angeles than the one in California? California is 18 for the age of consent.

http://www.ageofconsent.com/california.htm

The ironic thing here is that "age of consent laws" are ostensibly put in place in order to protect teenagers from being taken advantage of by adults. And your entire post suggests that that's exactly what happened - you know, that whole "he told me he cared" part. So even if you were legally OK with having sex with this couple, you apparently weren't emotionally.

Lex

[MENTION=20912]Iceblink[/MENTION]

Yeah I put Los angeles down to give you an idea of where I live. I live near this city. That's the closest big city at least but the age of consent here is 16 end of story as far as I know.

Lexington Wrote:The ironic thing here is that "age of consent laws" are ostensibly put in place in order to protect teenagers from being taken advantage of by adults. And your entire post suggests that that's exactly what happened - you know, that whole "he told me he cared" part. So even if you were legally OK with having sex with this couple, you apparently weren't emotionally.

Lex

I wasn't ready for things to end really. If I were abused and exploited I would have been relieved that he stopped wanting an intimate relationship. The problems for me started after he left me alone. I don't feel victimized. I feel just kind of stupid to think things could work when he had a family and a wife. And it was my fault that I should not have gotten myself into that if I couldn't handle it and all.

And the age of consent is 16... I Live near Los angeles where I am the age of consent is 16.

Rareboy Wrote:The issue here is that you were 15....and even if you are sexually active at the age of 15, in this case, you were part of an illegal menage a trois and the object of sexual predators. God knows how many more underage kids this couple will damage in the future now that they've discarded you.

Because you are clearly emotionally immature, you are having trouble processing the end of the affair. My great concern is that unless you get some help to sort this out, this experience may damage all of your future emotional relationships.

My other great fear here is that you don't seem to think that adults having sexual relations with 15 year old kids is a big deal. This is very troubling .... in too many cases, people who were exploited as children into having sex with an older adult may become the aggressor themselves. Seriously. As soon as possible, please get some counselling to work through this experience. Because until you do, I don't think that you actually are going to sort out a healthy sexual and emotional identity.

How can I get help without my parents knowing?

The age of consent is not set by a city. It is 18 in the entire state of California.

Iceblink Wrote:The age of consent is not set by a city. It is 18 in the entire state of California.

I don't live in Cali. I live close to cali.

Justme16 Wrote:How can I get help without my parents knowing?

I would start by contacting a help line to find out what confidential resources are available in your area if you don't think you can do it through school.

I don't know where you live, but you might contact a support group through

http://centers.rainn.org/

Justme16 Wrote:I don't live in Cali. I live close to cali.

Do you live in Nevada then?