Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Am I outing my husband? NEED advice on how to make him okay with himself.
Hello, CW, and Welcome to GaySpeak.

You sound like a very rounded (not talking about your pregnancy, by the way and good luck with that!! :biggrinSmile person and also a very special human being. The fact that you can relate to your husband this way is remarkable.

My question to you would be:
Even though you know that your husband will never let you down or forget you and the baby, would you be ready to let him go (I mean divorce for example) if he found the right man for him (that is, presuming he is gay rather than bisexual or straight, for now)?

Are you trying to test his commitment? What's in this for you? Because you've got to become real about the letting in of another person. Another person generally means new demands, a new personality to take into account and feed to. You're not a jealous person, kudos to you for that, but the other person may have different issues going on here... Power play, mind games, different needs and demands on your husband's time...

I'm sure there would be the right person somewhere, who would be very very happy to become a surrogate father to your child if he embarked on a relationship with your husband. I'm just trying to question how far you think this might go and what the consequences would be to your current relationship.

I think you are not talking here of him just having the occasional male-on-male sex fling, but rather a deeper committed same-sex relationship. Am I right?