Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Am I playing with fire?
Hi everyone,

for reasons which I won't explain, I am forced to be in the closet. But, I have needs like anyone else, and usually I fulfill them by going to sauna, from time to time. I am a top only, and always use a condom, never suck or get topped, so those things are no brainers. But, my problem is one which most people wouldn't think about - kissing.

I just love kissing a guy, and from what I've read there is a possibility of contracting HIV or other STD's that way. I visit a sauna once in every 3-4 months, but when I do, I have sex with at least 2-3 guys, if not more. So, assuming the above mentioned is all safe, exactly how much at risk am I putting my self at with kissing?

I have really tried to play as safe as possible - the only sex I get is me topping a guy with a condom and kissing - that's it. And suddenly it struck me how incredibly stupid it would be if, with all that, I would get my self infected through kissing?! I can even stop topping a guy, but kissing? I can't live without that :redface:

I cant help you here... like wow... jeez.

I am not sure, I guess the probability is really low. Try to google some official HIV center, I know I came across one that had a lot of questions and answers, but I don't remember the link.

That's exactly the problem, cause it's low risk. Kinda makes you feel safe, yet it might not be safe at all. Than again, c'mon, it's just kissing.

The thing is, I am attracted only to older men, and in saunas most younger guys don't give older guys the time of day, which is where I come in :biggrin: And most of these older men pretty much do whatever I want - often including swallowing. Which makes me think they might not exactly be the most cautious people on the planet.

http://www.avert.org/can-you-get-hiv-aids.htm

Quote:Kissing

To become infected with HIV you must get a sufficient quantity of the virus into your body. Saliva does contain HIV, but the virus is only present in very small quantities and as such has never been known to cause HIV infection.

Unless both partners have large open sores in their mouths, or severely bleeding gums, there is no transmission risk from mouth-to-mouth kissing.

I guess Pix has put you out of your misery Big Grin

biggger risk the condom breaking.

Pix is correct.

Normal kissing of a "healthy" mouth carries little risk of HIV transmission.

If you can't come out, maybe you'd be better off finding one regular partner who also wishes to remain in the closet.

Sex with strangers will always carry more risk (even beyond disease) like violence, etc.

Put your mind at ease, but be careful in the future. Much better to come out eventually and find a partner.

Best wishes in the meantime.
Smile