Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Am I the only one that DIDN'T like the WestJet ad?
Everyone's talking about the WestJet Christmas commercial and how wonderful it is but I find it awful, stupid and pointless.

See for yourself:

This is incredibly stupid and a complete waste of money and energy. It is consumerism at its worse and a perversion of the true meaning of Christmas.

You want a true Christmas miracle? Give those presents to poor children, not to rich WestJet customers.

I can see where you are coming from on this......

But even me, being the Almighty Scrooge and Grinch that I am, have to admit that I like this.

A HUGE gimmicky ploy for getting new customers for sure.
Also a nice "Thank You" for their current/loyal customers.

This would have been really nice to know about in advance. I would have bought a ticket and then asked Santa for a new Bugatti sports car!!!

It will probably never happen again. Their flight sales will skyrocket, Im sure.
The didnt lose any money on this. They will make it all back.

Im sure if someone were to have asked for money for a donation, they would have gotten it.

MisterLove Wrote:This is incredibly stupid and a complete waste of money and energy. It is consumerism at its worse......

You just described what publicity is all about...

well, I didn't like it alright....only on the account I don't really like xmas anything and I don't know WestJet....

sure, Tinkles is right, it is a plot to get more constumers..

that makes you also right...it is a perversion of what xmas is supposed to be