Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Am I too religious?
I'm actually more turned on by a guy who has the same beliefs as I do. Simply because we can share that part of ourselves with each other and that means a great deal to me since it's such a large part of who I am. Smile

Depends on the person.

The only thing I want to share right now is the first openly gay relationship I witnessed up close was between two men and one was always talking about God and how the two of them would be in heaven together when he was comforting his physically and emotionally traumatized boyfriend. It was one of the sweetest relationships I'd ever seen, gay or straight.

I'm guessing it really depends on circumstances. I'm not religious at all so it would rather come off as strange to me if I had a religious boyfriend. Now, it might be an issue for him, if he was a Christian, that I'm going to Hell for my atheism, but that's another issue. For me the dividing line would be about politics rather than religion.

I side with other people here. I don't think you should be with someone who doesn't hold any respect for your faith. Moreover, it's rather weird to hear you being so apologetic about your beliefs O_o

You shouldn't have to change your religious routines just because some guys won't approve. The right guy will accept that your religion is an important part of your life, and he wouldn't want you to change that. This is one of those things that you don't necessarily have to sacrifice as an gay man to be happy, so why give it up if it means that much to you?

Yes, you should never have to apologize for your faith. Do NOT listen to those who are insulting your faith.

If your religion is important for you, your future boyfriend should accept that together with the rest of you, as you should accept your bf the way he is. If someone can't do that he isn't the right person for you (or anybody else)
NEXT!
Bernd

Being gay is not for Sissies.

I don't think you are too religious.

THe only problem would be is if you are using your religion to restrict others.
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

Thnks Camfer, Bowyn Aerrow, ObeyTheB, darren23a, LJay, Uneunsae, Pix, Aike, Bluelight, Bhp91126 and CellarDweller for your advices. Smile