Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Am crazy or wtf?
So... New year's party is aproaching, i work as a barthender in a club and i'm working on 30 december and i supose to go on the 31 as well to help out because of the big croud... My problem is that i could skip the 31 if i want, wich i intended on doing so i could spend new years eve with my bf... But shocking he says that i should work so i could make money( its true that i could make a lot o money, but i think is more important to be with him) he usually doesn't consider hollydays such as Christmas and New Year to much of a big deal so he said that its just another day and its not very important, he also said that he has a bad feeling about it, he usually is right about that unfortunatley, but wtf could happen. I'm really down right now because he pushes me to go to work... Wtf? Am i insaine not caring abiut the money and wanting to be with him...? What should i do...?Sad( f... My life.

Well....I am usually influenced when someone I love tells me they have a bad feeling about something...I trust myself when I have those feelings and if I trust someone else I usually listen.

I was a bartender in a club for 20 years and I always worked NY Eve...'tis true....lots of money! I wish I could tell you what to do but when you mentioned "bad feeling" I have a respect for that.

eastofeden Wrote:Well....I am usually influenced when someone I love tells me they have a bad feeling about something...I trust myself when I have those feelings and if I trust someone else I usually listen.

I was a bartender in a club for 20 years and I always worked NY Eve...'tis true....lots of money! I wish I could tell you what to do but when you mentioned "bad feeling" I have a respect for that.

He usually is right with his bad feelings even thoough i'm not superstitious, but i dont know i feel so down and i'm at work right now and i allmost burst in tears, i mean i just dont get it... What does it means...?

*hugs* I get stuff like this with my hubby sometimes too -

truth is it's not that he doesn't want to be with YOU, he's just looking at the bigger picture and perhaps being a bit too logical. In his mind there's a lot of time when you can be together, and only one chance to make big bucks; and if you can be better off financially, and for yourself, he's going to welcome that and encourage you to work hard Smile

there's times when I think "wtf, you'd rather I did this boring thing than hang out with you?" but it's nothing personal, it's more to do with respecting your needs and making sure you can provide for yourself, not to put him first.

hope this helps. I would be tempted to work the shift and then plan a surprise for after, if you're up to it Smile and don't let it be a personal thing x

You said he does not really celebrate the holidays and considers them another day so that might be why he is pushing you yo work?...maybe he is uncomfortable at the thought of celebrating the New Year for some reason?

As for the bad feelings...I don't even try figuring them out...I just trust them and let it be. I could write a book about incidents that I avoided trusting myself and other people and have long ago just accepted bad feelings as omens of sorts and I usually respect these feelings with no questions asked.

Is the evening symbolic for you? would it work out if you spent the following evening with him or would it not be the same?

Forget about the bad feeling stuff. Stay home. Make him happy and surprise. Buy him flowers. Bring breakfast to his bed on the new year morning. I understand that making that big money is one in a year opportunity. But spend a day with your lover is something that only happen one in a life time. Believe it or not, every day that we are in love is different from the another day.

eastofeden Wrote:You said he does not really celebrate the holidays and considers them another day so that might be why he is pushing you yo work?...maybe he is uncomfortable at the thought of celebrating the New Year for some reason?

As for the bad feelings...I don't even try figuring them out...I just trust them and let it be. I could write a book about incidents that I avoided trusting myself and other people and have long ago just accepted bad feelings as omens of sorts and I usually respect these feelings with no questions asked.

Is the evening symbolic for you? would it work out if you spent the following evening with him or would it not be the same?

First of all he has a problem with christmas beacause in his familly when the everybody gathered around it would allways end up in fighting... So... But i dont know what is about the NY. i am the type that celebrates things, he only celebrates birthdays and our aniversary...

Crisit21 Wrote:First of all he has a problem with christmas beacause in his familly when the everybody gathered around it would allways end up in fighting... So... But i dont know what is about the NY. i am the type that celebrates things, he only celebrates birthdays and our aniversary...

I share that thing with your boyfriend myself...I do celebrate Birthdays and Anniversaries...but nothing else. I can't speak for him but for me I don't like anything where I am expected to feel a certain way because I never do and I have a very hard time faking it for the other person's sake...maybe that might have something to do with his not wanting to celebrate? It's only a guess of course.

conechvn Wrote:Forget about the bad feeling stuff. Stay home. Make him happy and surprise. Buy him flowers. Bring breakfast to his bed on the new year morning. I understand that making that big money is one in a year opportunity. But spend a day with your lover is something that only happen one in a life time. Believe it or not, every day that we are in love is different from the another day.

I wish i could do that... But i cant surprise him because if i tell him im going to work he wont stay home alone so that i can surprise him, he probably will go out with his 2 female best friends and party or something.

He's a logical person so yeah he sees you perhaps taking a vacation later or something when you have money and perhaps being together or something. I don't know but it's up to you whether or not you believe him about his vibe about that day :/ I mean Id probably listen to my partner but that's only because I'm submissive as hell and just don't like to argue :/