Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amanda Palmer - Ampersand

"I'm not gonna live my life on one side of an ampersand - even if I went with you, I'm not the girl you think I am."

A magnificent pianist and performance artist. Not dissimilar from Tori Amos, but more theatrical, and with lyrics that are more down to Earth. Any fellow fans?

DtotheJtotheM Wrote:

"I'm not gonna live my life on one side of an ampersand - even if I went with you, I'm not the girl you think I am."

A magnificent pianist and performance artist. Not dissimilar from Tori Amos, but more theatrical, and with lyrics that are more down to Earth. Any fellow fans?

I *LOVE* AfP! I've been following her work since the Dresden Dolls, she's amazing live. Got to see her perform in Edinburgh last year... she stood outside, on top of a bin, singing Science Fiction/Double Feature from Rocky Horror to the queue because it was taking so long to get inside...and she was right in front of me! :biggrin:

so ummm... yeah, just a *little* bit of a fan :redface:

Lucky! I just recently missed her here in Ireland... The Dresden Dolls too are fantastic.

Another fan here. Did any of you see her live webcast yesterday - playing Radiohead songs on ukulele? I missed it and I think my connection was too slow to play it back later on.

I really wanted to see the "Who Killed Amanda Palmer?" tour, but I was always in the wrong country whenever she was playing. I've managed to see the Dresden Dolls a couple of times when we've been in London at the same time. Strangely I seemed to both a token male and the oldest man in the audience by far. The females at the shows seem to be mostly made up of AP wannabes, Brian Viglione stalkers and lesbians. At one of the Roundhouse shows I had the special treat of seeing one of my musician friends sing with her. That's a bit of an interesting story, but maybe not for public consumption Wink

Much as I love the Dolls, I find the solo work more interesting musically.