Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
dear architects, i'm sick of your $HH$&@!!
:biggrin: hilarious!

http://thepompomist.com/2007/12/18/dear-...k-of-your/

Haha I like her humour! x

LMFAO

great stuff!

Nicely written article, but how wonderful to be so consumed by a passsion for what one does for a living!

I'm lucky. I'm a musician and I enjoy what I do most of the time. However, the work is constantly challenging and, like architecture I suspect, engages cognitive thought, feelings and practical skills. Personally I think it amazing that these architects can dip in and out of the imperatives of physical laws, building regulations and unbounded imagination. Long may they flourish Confusedmile:

Maybe it's the author who needs to widen her circle of acquaintances? The architects sound as though they are doing just fine.

ha ha, well i'll take this as a personal compliment as i'm currently in my fifth year studying architecture, so i'll soon be "out there" doing my thing.

i found this article hilarious because it's SO true, i love how people who are not in the know perceive architecture and architects. glass dildos. :biggrin: it IS indeed quite a challenge sometimes and there are weeks when i barely get any sleep at all, but i think that also comes with being in college so... everyone can relate to it.

i study in what is basically a student town, and i have friends from a lot of departments - psychology, theology, philosophy, economy, cinema, engineering... i love having a diverse group of people to talk to, it's what tickles my conversation skills. before i left for my trip a week ago, i had a friend over who is studying theology and we talked for hours - until about 2 o clock at night - about everything and anything related to what he has worked on and studied this year. very clever guy. i am pretty much the kind of person who wants to absorb as much knowledge as he can but sadly i have a very bad memory, especially when it comes to history or other related subjects. even names of architects for instance! i hate that, truly. one of my biggest flaws.

i make up for it in communication skills and the ability to expand upon a subject starting from a "seed" of information in a mostly coherent way. i always get great feedback on my essays :biggrin:

a musician you say marshlander? i can honestly say i'd give up any kind of drawing, graphic or architectural skill for the ability to play an instrument, have a good voice and NOT be completely tone-deaf - i can appreciate quality but can not reproduce a melody if my life depended on it... a pain in the ass because i love music.

what exactly do you do / play - if it's not too indiscreet? Confusedmile: