Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
America. HOLY CRAP! In one year....
Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:Now if only I could find a gentleman* to walk me down the aisle so I can cash in on on all of those decades of dreaming for the unattainable which is now attainable. :biggrin:

*gentleman is a loose term Wink

Gimme a holler

Just a lil story what difference this last year made for me personally.
My now-husband and I were in Germany visiting my parents when the SCOTUS ruling came. Within the hour I he proposed to me, I accepted and we celebrated the engagement with my parents with some champagne.
We got married in August in Maryland and filed my greencard application the next day.
In November I had an apt at Immigration and in January we had an interview with Immigration. In early February my greencard came and we filed our federal tax-return jointly.

Before, I was on a work visa completely dependent on my employer, now I can live and work all over the US.
Bernd

Being gay is not for Sissies.

There is one state missing from the list and that is Wisconsin, where earlier this moth US District Judge Barbara Crabb ruled that state's ban was unconstitutional. That state joined Utah, Arkansas, and Michigan in adding an extra wrinkle for the Supreme court when they finally hearing a marriage equality case, the consideration of the same-sex couples in those states that were allowed to marry for a brief time before a stay was issued.

Obama.

And I like the second painting. I agree with your professor if he was talking about the way you paint, the brush.

Thank you all for the stories, opinions, and responses - the insight is wonderful! As for the paintings, I did finish them, and if you'd like, I posted them on this thread. If you'd also like to help me with the somewhat internal (mostly external) conflict I'm going to need to resolve by Monday, for which I created the thread to begin with, that would really be great!