Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
America is Gayer Than Britain?
A new sex survey was released by Indiana University recently that, among other things, revealed that 7% of women and 8% of men were gay, lesbian or bisexual. This comes on the heels of a survey in Britain that said only 1.5 % of that nation is Gay. So there you have it, America is full of the gay, about 22.5 million* worth.

*most of whom I suspect work part time at Macy's

I don't trust the results from either of these surveys.
Surveys about sexuality, in my opinion, will always be unreliable to a degree.

All i can say is; the more anonymous the better.
Silly Sarcastic So-and-so

Opps, can not believe that there are more fish in this pool than the pool in UK.

Also, America has a really rate of immigration which is adding more gay people into the population =)) Learn that from my personal case =)

*I think guys working at Macy's are hot!

Genersis Wrote:I don't trust the results from either of these surveys.
Surveys about sexuality, in my opinion, will always be unreliable to a degree.

All i can say is; the more anonymous the better.

I too don't trust either survey. The British one had huge gaping holes in its methodology, and the American one relied on smaller sampling of the willing. My own hunch is that its probably a bit lower than 8%, maybe 5 or 6%.. I doubt we will ever really know, people lie about sex for a variety of reasons.

The whole topic is complicated by the fact that sexual orientation may be defined by attractions (even if never acted on), by behaviour or by 'sexual identity'. The recent British survey asked about sexual identity, I believe that the survey from the University of Indiana asked about behaviour.
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

Let's have a gay off!

palms spread, lips pursed and innuendo at the ready ^_^

No, that probably seems about right. Look at all those closeted self-loathing cases among the Republicans. Wink

PA's mum sent me some information today about yet another unpleasant character, Senator Jim deMint.

marshlander Wrote:PA's mum sent me some information today about yet another unpleasant character, Senator Jim deMint.

deMint is a piece of work, a hero to the Tea Baggers. His nonsense about gays and unwed pregnant women not being allowed to teach is pure theatrics, red meat for the mouth-beathers since the Senate has no say in who is hired to teach (not to mention there is Barrack "I Got a Veto" Obama standing in the way).

You may be interested in this commentary on the research Box Turtle Bulletin » NSSHB on gay percentages
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

I enjoyed the final comment
Quote:When anti-gay activists rant about the “dirty and diseased” aspect of gay sexuality, they are deceiving both themselves and their readers. Both anal sex and oral sex occurs far more frequently between heterosexuals than between gay or bisexual people.
:p