Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
America!
Hey peeps! In April 2013 I am going to be going to America on a 1 month trek. I am going from New York, along the southern states to Los Angeles. It is an organised tour by a company called Trek America. I'm just wondering whether anyone could recommend me going anywhere on said trip because a lot of it is free time. Also, any tips on things to take and how to spend money there? What are your experiences there?

I have to come back layer because I'm on my phone. But here's a tip for NYC: do research on the streets of the city, especially those of places you want to go. Taxis take advantage of tourists and take the long way around, but if you seem like you know the streets, they most likely won't try to rip you off. But personally, the subway is a better form of (cheaper) transportation. Also, if you wanna see the Statute of Liberty, take a ferry from New Jersey. It's like $8-$12 a ticket from Jersey (where the Statue actually is. NYC takes tourist advantage of that, too and charge like $50 to get to Ellis Island). Jersey all the way! lol

UrbanBookworm Wrote:I have to come back layer because I'm on my phone. But here's a tip for NYC: do research on the streets of the city, especially those of places you want to go. Taxis take advantage of tourists and take the long way around, but if you seem like you know the streets, they most likely won't try to rip you off. But personally, the subway is a better form of (cheaper) transportation. Also, if you wanna see the Statute of Liberty, take a ferry from New Jersey. It's like $8-$12 a ticket from Jersey (where the Statue actually is. NYC takes tourist advantage of that, too and charge like $50 to get to Ellis Island). Jersey all the way! lol

Well the tour doesn't actually start off at New York, it starts at Newark in NJ. Going into NYC is gonna be in my own free time.

When you get south, Bourbon Street in New Orleans, LA and, in the Dallas/Fort Worth, Tx area Billy Bob's, The StockYards, and, the Mesquite Mall are must stops. Now across the street, directly north of the mall is a BBQ place called Slabs and, you have to eat there, best Tx style BBQ in the area.

Well if you come through Kansas, I recommend getting shit faced drunk, that about the only thing we have going on right now lol. Enjoy your trek! It sounds like its going to be a lot of fun!

research; see if a sim would enable your iphone for a gps