Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Americans Whine Too Bloody Much
It is true, we bitch and bitch and bitch about everything... but there is a good side to it. First, watch the video. I think Winston hits the spot. I think the good part about all the complaining, especially when it comes to the issue of race. We, for the most part, don't tolerate racism. Here's what I mean, when George Floyd was murdered it made the news, it made international new, there were protests, even in my hometown. Sure, there were people who were against it, not saying it is unilateral. But the difference that the US has versus some other countries, say China for instance, is that if something similar happens to someone in China, not only does it not make international news, it doesn't make the news at all. I do think that it is in a way that the US is held to higher standards as he puts it in the video.

One of the things that caught my attention was the issue about driver licenses, ID's and so on. We're used to going to places like the DMV (Department of Motor Vehicles) and having pamphlets in 27 languages. We're used to having handicapped parking, service animals, braille on doors and in elevators, etc. In China if you are a foreigner your ID, etc literally says foreigner and the attitudes towards foreigners isn't all that great.

Does the US have issues, yes, there's a plenty. But I don't think we Americans give ourselves enough credit for the things we do well at and one of the things we do well at is racial and cultural integration. Might not think so, might not seem like it if you're an American but from watching his channel, and I assume he's not making shit up, we do a pretty good job.

What do you think?
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!
[-] The following 1 member Likes InbetweenDreams's post:
  • artyboy

(07-24-2021, 02:24 AM)InbetweenDreams Wrote: It is true, we bitch and bitch and bitch about everything... but there is a good side to it. First, watch the video. I think Winston hits the spot. I think the good part about all the complaining, especially when it comes to the issue of race. We, for the most part, don't tolerate racism. Here's what I mean, when George Floyd was murdered it made the news, it made international new, there were protests, even in my hometown. Sure, there were people who were against it, not saying it is unilateral. But the difference that the US has versus some other countries, say China for instance, is that if something similar happens to someone in China, not only does it not make international news, it doesn't make the news at all. I do think that it is in a way that the US is held to higher standards as he puts it in the video.

One of the things that caught my attention was the issue about driver licenses, ID's and so on. We're used to going to places like the DMV (Department of Motor Vehicles) and having pamphlets in 27 languages. We're used to having handicapped parking, service animals, braille on doors and in elevators, etc. In China if you are a foreigner your ID, etc literally says foreigner and the attitudes towards foreigners isn't all that great.

Does the US have issues, yes, there's a plenty. But I don't think we Americans give ourselves enough credit for the things we do well at and one of the things we do well at is racial and cultural integration. Might not think so, might not seem like it if you're an American but from watching his channel, and I assume he's not making shit up, we do a pretty good job.

What do you think?

Just goes to show you Americans are so our little brother haha. Us Brits moan even more dude. We are always moaning about the weather even when its nice lol!

PS mad I only just wanted this YT vid lol!

[-] The following 1 member Likes artyboy's post:
  • InbetweenDreams