Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Promised pictures about my new dog
loving the dog pics , I think I prefer animals over people sometimes Smile , I adore my dogs to bits

LJay Wrote:Don't know if it will help you, but I take Claritin (loratidine) when I have to be around cats and it helps a lot with the allergy.
oh I may have to look into it then

matty7 Wrote:loving the dog pics , I think I prefer animals over people sometimes Smile , I adore my dogs to bits
I know for sure I love animals more then humans.

omg. The puppy pics broke the interwebz.

What breed is your Pup? It looks like a Golden Retriever -- EXCELLENT dogs and companions.

I have two sister dogs, black labradors who are the gentlest and smartest dogs I've ever had. They love on any animal and are friends with the deer who come in the yard.

Then I have two enormous formerly male Maine coon cats (over 27 lbs each) who believe they are mountain lions -- stalking and chasing deer, bringing live rabbits in the house and decorating the mats outside the doors with mice and snakes. I used to dislike cats but these have very outgoing friendly personalities like dogs and have to meet every stranger who comes over -- and big cats scare most of them at first.

I love dogs, they were always part of our family in Funchal, Madeira, where I grew up.

Virge Wrote:What breed is your Pup? It looks like a Golden Retriever -- EXCELLENT dogs and companions.

I have two sister dogs, black labradors who are the gentlest and smartest dogs I've ever had. They love on any animal and are friends with the deer who come in the yard.

Then I have two enormous formerly male Maine coon cats (over 27 lbs each) who believe they are mountain lions -- stalking and chasing deer, bringing live rabbits in the house and decorating the mats outside the doors with mice and snakes. I used to dislike cats but these have very outgoing friendly personalities like dogs and have to meet every stranger who comes over -- and big cats scare most of them at first.

apologies for the late response!

yes it is a golden retriever, labradors are also nice dogs, their coat is different though from the looks of it.

she is definitely a great companion albeit when it comes to listening she doesn't do all that great of a job yet.

I had a cat in the past, sadly I'm allergic to cats now

MisterLove Wrote:I love dogs, they were always part of our family in Funchal, Madeira, where I grew up.

I love dogs to, we never had the money to be able to maintain a pet but now we finally do!

How old is your dog now? If she is less than 18 months old it may be pointless to try to train her to do much. Also you can buy your dog's undivided attention with bribery like I do. Get a fanny pack to carry dog treats they can't refuse. I cut up hot dogs into tiny pieces. After 10 days anytime I put on the fanny pack young dogs I'm training won't not let me out of their sight. All I have to do is look at one of them and motion and they run to me for a reward. Being envious by nature the rest of the dogs follow the leader to get their reward. After 6 weeks there's no need for treats because they've learned by following commands they get the reward they crave more than hot dogs -- approval of the "pack leader" or the human in charge.

Goldies are famous for having the attention span of bricks. So are labs usually sine they like Goldies are have been bred to be hardwired for one purpose -- retrieving. That's why I build a tennis ball cannon for my labs. Your Goldie is like my labs about being hard wired for scent tracking as well. I keep feathered wings off ducks frozen for them. While they are outside I'll drag duck wings around the house and hide them for them to find. I've found it easier not to push a leash on a dog until it learns the best place to stay when walking is right beside me. I had three brother pups last year who would actually fight to be first to put on the leash because they associated it with approval and acceptance by the alpha dog (me!)

Next time you and your dog are in my neighborhood, stop by and visit! hahahaha!