Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
An Awesome Brother
A high school wrestler defends his little brother's preferences against an angry sissyphobic father:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/kristen-wo...90690.html

Quote:The boys had been taking awhile, so their father eventually came in. He saw the game, and the controller, and started in on the youngest about how he needs to pick something different. Something more manly. Something with guns and fighting, and certainly not a purple controller. He tried to convince him to get the new Zombie game "Dead Island" and the little boy just stood there repeating, "Dad, this is what I want, OK?" Eventually it turned into a full-blown argument complete with Dad threatening to whoop his son if he didn't choose different items.

That's when big brother stepped in. He said to his dad, "It's my money, it's my gift to him. If it's what he wants, I'm getting it for him, and if you're going to hit anyone for it, it's going to be me." Dad just gave his oldest son a strong stern stare-down, and then left the store. Little brother was crying quietly. I walked over and ruffled his hair (yes, this happened all in front of me). I said, "I'm a girl, and I like the color blue, and I like shooting games. There's nothing wrong with what you like. Even if it's different than what people think you should." I smiled, he smiled back (my heart melted!). Big brother then leaned down, kissed little brother on the head, and said, "Don't worry, dude."

The world needs more people like this.

Pix Wrote:The world needs more people like this.
Yes, it sure does. Confusedmile: Thanks for sharing that story.

I am crying ><

I hope my brother will be accepting of me D=

I think I'd do this for my brothers even tho that my youngest brother is now heaps bigger than myself.

Okay the game that this kid got Mirrors Edge is a really good game lead character maybe a girl but that girl is a badass. It also has a shooting, fighting and Parkour, although the awards for getting through levels without harming anyone. It promotes passivism (of kind) and protecting loved ones and standing up for yourself, it’s a good game to a kid of his age to play.

It also has an amazing soundtrack, maybe one of the best videogame OST`s ever. I’m not going to lie I totally have the OST on my MP3 player and listen to often. Also in my gallery you can see me with a yellow and black bag, that’s a Mirrors Edge bag.

Yeah that's a good brother for standing up for his younger brother but also saving the kid form playing Dead Island cause that game kind of sucked really bad.

ya forsure congrats to the brother

Brilliant story and thanks for sharing it..

RespectRespect

Great story...thanks for sharing it.Confusedmile:

Awwwwweee. While the father is still an ass, at least the kid has someone looking out for him. Makes me wish I had a brother either I could do that for or could that for me. :redface:

Wonderful story , I am in tears.
Thank you so much for sharing.