Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
An attempt to revive the ill-fated poetry group
So, not too long ago I attempted to form a short poem, casual, reading group that looked at LGBT poetry, but it kind of sputtered out after the untimely departure of Inchante.

I think it also suffered from the obscurity of the group forums, where people often have to deliberately check in order to see posts, which kept the discussion out of sight.

Anyway, this time I think I'd like to do it differently by doing the discussions on the main forum here in the book section. And the group page could be used for poem suggestions/or suggestions for improving the reading group.

Ya, so here I am asking once again if people would want to participate in some reading/discussion of short poems.

Here was the old thread:

http://gayspeak.com/showthread.php?t=19682

well, i would be interested but it brings back memories of English 102 <shudders>

just curious, how much reading work are we expected to do per week? Tongue

TryingNewThing Wrote:well, i would be interested but it brings back memories of English 102 <shudders>

just curious, how much reading work are we expected to do per week? Tongue

I initially decided on it being a "short poem" group so that you could read the poem in under 5 minutes and be able to participate.

ah, that clears things up for me! Well, in that case you can count me in Smile

It'll be interesting to see what materials we'll be reading haha...I'm sure it'll be interesting.

OP are you going to open another thread as the former is closed.

I think I may be guilty as charged for not participating enough in the group after joining it :redface:

Rainbowmum Wrote:OP are you going to open another thread as the former is closed.

Ya I will if there is enough interest, or even if there isn't that much interest I could do it.

count me in. i'll be checking this thread periodically.

I'll start a thread this week, this weekend just happens to be a rather busy one for me.