Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
An 'ex-gay' in Britain
I always thought that ex-gays were an American phenomenon, however today The Times has an article by an ex-gay about his new found heterosexuality. Its is interesting that unlike his American counterparts he does not seem particularly religious, but other than that I am still trying to decide what I think.

Would be interested to here your thoughts
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

Personally I don't see how it could happen to me.

I know an English lesbian who defected. But I think it's easier for lesbians, they can just lie there and think of England (sorry girls!).

Being The Times some of the comments after the article are worth reading too.

I can fully appreciate that the call to parenthood can be very powerful. I was desperate to be a dad and my kids were the only thing that made my life worthwhile for many years ... even with the challenges they sometimes presented.

I don't think it's as simple as he's gone over to the other side.

I do suspect it is an indictment of public school "education" though (for American readers "public" school = private school Rolleyes ).

This guy has been "straight" for a week and sounds as camp as Christmas. Here's an excerpt fro his story:
Does this mean that I no longer like men? No, of course not, and I won’t pretend. But in the streets and avenues of this country there must be many husbands whose interests are divided but whose choices are determined not by sexuality but emotionality.
Would I be a good husband? I hope so. Would I keep faith? Well, I would try. The same siren voices to stray call to all men, all the time. I would be no different.
"Straight"? I don't think so.

What drivel. I mean, it's outrageous that something as horrendously poorly written as this got through editing, never mind the content.

Quote: Civil partnerships really are little more than theatrical shams involving men making a point in matching wedding cravats, of embarrassed grandparents and monstrously camp multi-tier cakes.

I wince when gays describe boyfriends as “husbands”, subverting a solemn institution created to provide stability for child-rearing. Besides, it seems highly perverse that gays should fight for freedom from the bonds of heterosexual morality and then set to copying their oppressors by creating similar contracts of their own

Right, on to the content. Eh, wha?? The reason he never found anything meaningful (and this is my inner bitch stirring, it doesn't like being roused) may have something to do with how deeply unintelligent/unattractive he is. I can't be the only one to think it, surely?? I'm sure i'd be less offensive if this article weren't so. I'm struggling to hold back outrage and derision...

But since human sexuality can fluctuate, why would it not be possible for a gay man to become heterosexual, if the calling is late?

Anybody had a look at the responses to the article published on another page?? A more biased, one-sided and propagandistic selection of the views expressed by readers of the article would be a masterstroke to achieve. Truly shocking. Such a bigoted and disproportionate published response is despicable.

Having read the article, I don't even know if this man is not just interested in fathering a child, but it has nothing to do with his sexual orientation...

sox-and-the-city Wrote:Anybody had a look at the responses to the article published on another page?? A more biased, one-sided and propagandistic selection of the views expressed by readers of the article would be a masterstroke to achieve. Truly shocking. Such a bigoted and disproportionate published response is despicable.
Can you show us where that page is, Soxy???