Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
An impossible situation
Yeah, I think you guys are right. It is better to be safe than sorry, I do agree with that. I know I can't live war, so I shouldn't put myself in a situation where that could become a reality. I tried to think about it all from an outside perspective and it made me realize that Russia has crossed my red lines. Whether it ever comes to real aggression here or not, I do think what's going on right now is explicit threatening. And in some ways this is almost as bad as real aggression. And it is in fact not acceptable.

I know I'd probably be saying the same things you are if I was living in US or Australia, or anywhere that doesn't have as immediate threat of Russian aggression as here. It's just not so easy to remove yourself from your environment and see it objectively.

My grandparents are dead, so is my dad. But there are a couple of individuals I can talk to whose opinion and intelligence I trust, albeit they are not as old as Bowyn Aerrow suggested I'd consult. I have a couple of guys I haven't talked to about this, and I will ask them what they think. There are some people here who seem to think the option of Russian aggression in Estonia is impossible, but the few I know who hold this view are actually of Russian descent themselves.

I am not gonna go running to the airport now, but I will start making preparations towards moving out of here. It'll still be a process that will take some time of its own, but I do understand that that is the most sane thing to do under these circumstances. At least I am not willing to put up with this uncertainty and play Russian roulette with the gun pointed at my future. If this turns out to be a false alarm on my part, that's good and I hope that's the case; but if it's not my life will be all the worse for not doing anything.

Thank you all for your perspective, I needed that; and thanks, Beaux, for the gesture.

I'd suggest you go to some safe European country, like the Netherlands or Austria or maybe even in the Scandinavian countries if you can.