Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
An update
So after much deliberation I booked myself in for psychotherapy.

I had my initial assessment today, and should get a letter in around 4 weeks for the appointment for my first session.

I really didn't realise, or probably did realise but didn't acknowledge, to what extent "what's happened" had affected me.

They had me do a pre-assessment form, and had two sections of "rate yourself on a scale of 0 - 3". I had a PHQ score of 21 and a GAD score of 12... Apparently higher than 10 on PHQ is generally a sign of depression, and higher than 6 on GAD is a sign of anxiety.

To be quite honest, I didn't realise quite how severely my "problem" was affecting me. Especially with the anxiety, as I thought that was relatively minor.

I'm being referred to a therapist who not only does psychotherapy to help me deal with past experiences to finally lay them to rest, but who also does Cognitive Behavioural Therapy to help build me up to move on.

Yay me?

Still not best pleased at only having 5 hours sleep last night though. And I kept waking up every half hour or so too. Ah well. First steps to recovery and all.

They are big steps Danno, well done. Hang in there and be kind to yourself. Best wishes Smile

good luck with everything Smile x

Thanks guys Big Grin

Glad to hear that you have taken that first step. Best of luck.

Thank you for going to someone, Danno, that can be a difficult thing to do. Keep with it!

Keep it up! I just made an appointment with the psychiatrist too! Smile Cheers!