Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anal fissures.
StingRay Wrote:Dude you have my complete empathy and sympathy. I had an anal fissure happen during a BM in Afghanistan with only a medic and drugs to get me back on my feet. You cant imagine the rumors that started about how I supposedly really got a tear in my rear end. There was no way to escape that constant pain. And I have a higher pain tolerance than anyone I know of.

Then less than a year later back in the states I woke up one night with an even worse rectal pain than a fissure. It felt like I needed to take a dump so i went to the toilet. The pain was so bad I yelled for my bunk mate before I passed out. The doc asked me if it was the first time it happened. It was. Then he told me the bad news. I had to get ready for more of them cause once they start they keep happening for several years and theres nothing they can do about it. Its called proctalgia and they dont know what causes it. They always come on while youre sleeping and theres nothing that can be done for it. Its the most concentrated in one spot pain I have ever felt. Its like all the pain of a broken leg in just 2 inches. The only good news is they dont happen often and they never last more than 10 -15 minutes. The last one I had was this past valentines night. Since then Ive found out they hit men and teen boys more than females and proctalgia is pretty common. Also men who have had anal fissures are real likely to have proctalgia within 18 months.

So if it happens in a few months dont go into a huge panic and wait 10-15 minutes before you call 911 or anything. When it ends it does it all at once and you feel fine.

Omg this is terrifying lol. If the fissure doesn't heal soon I'm going to consider surgery and hopefully that will eliminate any problems down there. I just don't want it to cause any problems in the bedroom lol.

StingRay Wrote:Then less than a year later back in the states I woke up one night with an even worse rectal pain than a fissure. It felt like I needed to take a dump so i went to the toilet. The pain was so bad I yelled for my bunk mate before I passed out. The doc asked me if it was the first time it happened. It was. Then he told me the bad news. I had to get ready for more of them cause once they start they keep happening for several years and theres nothing they can do about it. Its called proctalgia and they dont know what causes it. They always come on while youre sleeping and theres nothing that can be done for it. Its the most concentrated in one spot pain I have ever felt. Its like all the pain of a broken leg in just 2 inches. The only good news is they dont happen often and they never last more than 10 -15 minutes. The last one I had was this past valentines night. Since then Ive found out they hit men and teen boys more than females and proctalgia is pretty common. Also men who have had anal fissures are real likely to have proctalgia within 18 months.

LJay Wrote:So it just hurt but nothing like a would happened? No bleeding or whatever? Were you able to take a dump? Was the fissure due to constipation?

trymcnl Wrote:Omg this is terrifying lol. If the fissure doesn't heal soon I'm going to consider surgery and hopefully that will eliminate any problems down there. I just don't want it to cause any problems in the bedroom lol.

trymcnl, Don't be terrified.

The condition that Stingray is talking about is called Proctalgia fugax. I know about it because I have it too, but I managed to get it without getting an anal fissure first.

The most generic way to describe it would be......like a Charlie horse cramp in you calf, but up inside you.

Much like Stingray, the first time I got it was the middle of the night, and I thought it was a constipation pain, so I went to the bathroom. After sitting on the toilet for some time (with nothing happening) I gave up and went to get back to bed, and walked into the dark hallway, when things got 'fuzzy'.....I thought it was because I walked from the lit bathroom into the dark hallway. It was then I heard a 'thump'.....that was my head hitting the floor, and I had passed out.

I woke a few minutes later, and thought "this is not normal" and planned to make an appointment with my doctor, and went back to bed.

Before I could make the appointment, it happened again. Woke in the middle of the night with a stabbing pain in my ass. Remembering what happened last time, I opted to stay in bed, but made a note to remember any other symptoms. I noticed that I had a huge erection, and knew it was a symptom, as I wasn't particularly enjoying this.

Next day I googled "anal Charlie horse" and found Proctalgia fugax. Symptoms are muscle cramps, dizzy spells, feeling of constipation, and (for men) an erection occurring during the episode.

Once you have it, you have it, there is no cure. However, this is not a "precursor" to something more dangerous (ie rectal cancer).

Treatments can include muscle relaxants or soaking in a hot tub, however, by the time you do either, usually the pain has stopped on its own.

One thing that I found that is very helpful, and reduces the occurrence. By chance, when I first got this, my dad was diagnosed with prostate cancer. He had to take daily fiber during his treatment. After he was done with the treatment, he gave the fiber (Metamucil) to me, and I tried it on a whim.

For some reason, this reduced the number of occurrences of the cramps. They were reduced from once every few weeks, to once every few months.
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

Hooooooooooly COW!!!!

I had no idea Ray posted about this!!!

The Basement Inhabitant KNOWS what that crap is like so he's vouching Ray isn't making it up!

But he left out the "rest of the story" Do you need five guesses on who is bunk mate was? MOI!!!!

HE WAS BLUE!!! I mean BLUE!!!!! I thought he was dead!!!
I grabbed him up and RAN in cold rain to get him to the hospital with about 5 other marines... not one of us with pants or shoes on.

I don't think he's over them yet but he hasn't mentioned having an attack in several months. Really he doesn't "mention" it. He SCREAMS it.... and as light as I sleep I'm there in a flash. It still scares the crap out of me when it happens cuz he always turns BLUE. He's a tanless ginger so it really looks awful! If he gets up out of bed it isn't for long. If he does he usually makes it to his bedroom door before I hear Ka-Wump

Chuq ---- man I hurt for you as much as I hurt for Ray when it happens to him!!!! It's truly pitiful to see a grown man who can take more pain than I can crying like a baby over this weird thing.

trymcnl Wrote:Currently suffering from what I'm assuming are chronic anal fissures. I'm taking prescription ointment from my GI currently, but after freaking myself out by reading too much online, I feel as though surgery may be my only option to completely heal it. This is extremely troubling because I'm a bottom, and can't enjoy anal sex with an anal fissure. I'm just curious as to whether or not having anything down there will be pleasurable again post-surgery. If anyone has any advice/personal experience, please let me know!

I see, so your going with 'Since I read stuff online I'm now a doctor and can diagnose and prognoses and order treatment routes for patients....' route...

Allow me to inform you, this isn't going to end well....

No you cannot enjoy anal sex when your anus is broken. Sorry - be it hemorrhoids, prolapse, fissures or the dreaded Gleek (when your face looks so much like your butt your bowels don't know which way to move) if the arse is broken, it ain't going to take too kindly to invaders invading it. A healthy anus doesn't appreciate having stuff and things shoved up it, it screams 'Hey idiot! I'm designed to eject things, not take things - so STOP IT!'.... Granted this screaming is usually in the form of pain or at least discomfort....

The subject of anal sex is actually one you need to bring up with the attending physician (the one who knows how bad your case of broke butt is). S/he is the only one that can determine what your chances are of successful recovery here.

Since you can use Google or whatever to locate information about Anal Fissures and operation needed in some (not all) cases, then clearly you could have asked your question of Google: https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=ana...d+anal+sex

Yes there is mixed results - it is really dependent upon the case, how severe the fissures are and if you do or do not follow doctors orders.

Most of the 'bad endings' that are talked about when it comes to relapse and other issues with broken butt issues is that the patient just up and did a half assed job of following doctor's orders. Same thing applies with any surgery, most people just flat refuse to do the PT or the right chemicals or whatever the doctor has ordered which end with either a relapse, more injury or their recovery time taking like - forever.

memechose Wrote:Chuq ---- man I hurt for you as much as I hurt for Ray when it happens to him!!!! It's truly pitiful to see a grown man who can take more pain than I can crying like a baby over this weird thing.

Sounds like Ray has a more advanced case than I have.....I've never turned blue (that I know of) but it is painful. I wake up and curl into a fetal position until it passes, and then after it subsides I go back to sleep.

Mine doesn't always happen at night. Once it happened at work, thankfully I was able to stay seated in my cubicle until it passed.

Once it happened while I was driving to NYC. I was able to find a nearby shopping center and pull into the parking lot until it passed.

CellarDweller Wrote:Sounds like Ray has a more advanced case than I have.....I've never turned blue (that I know of) but it is painful. I wake up and curl into a fetal position until it passes, and then after it subsides I go back to sleep.

Mine doesn't always happen at night. Once it happened at work, thankfully I was able to stay seated in my cubicle until it passed.

Once it happened while I was driving to NYC. I was able to find a nearby shopping center and pull into the parking lot until it passed.

The blue is from him going into shock. He's had it happen once on a shift at the fire station which made for an awkward situation and forced him to see a Procto and have all sorts of mean things done ---- just to appease the brass.

I sent you a PM about all this. I'm glad to finally meet someone else besides Ray who has this... but sorry you do.

I generally don't tell people I have it because (as I said before) the extra fiber makes it happen less. Plus, I can just imagine the jokes about a gay man and a pain in his ass.

LOL

memechose Wrote:The blue is from him going into shock. He's had it happen once on a shift at the fire station which made for an awkward situation and forced him to see a Procto and have all sorts of mean things done ---- just to appease the brass.

I sent you a PM about all this. I'm glad to finally meet someone else besides Ray who has this... but sorry you do.

I've had 2 isolated occurrences of this, intense but much milder than what you guys mentioned. Good to have a name for it.

All this talk of Ray turning blue made me think of Hawaiian Blue Ginger.

[Image: 728c48f4-d37c-4c22-b7f0-c696eab99d43.jpg]

My husband, Carl, was one of many Marines who were subject to experimentation with a new kind of MREs (dehydrated rations) during boot camp. Afterwards, he developed Proctalgia fugax, and later recurring hemorrhoids. Due to the contracts he (and his platoon mates) entered into with the government as a matter of course by becoming a Marine, he and the others who developed Proctalgia fugax are unable to seek legal recompense from the government, however, the government DOES acknowledge that those MREs are responsible for the condition and have been very supportive and have made available medical support for the guys in his platoon who were affected. So far, he has had to have two surgeries to deal with the reoccurring hemorrhoids, and it appears that he may have to have another surgery sometime in the near future.
Carl is sitting here in bed with me as I type this, and he says if anyone would like further information from him regarding this condition (particularly if you are/were a member of the military), feel free to PM me and I will give you his email.
My husband is currently employed as a Communications Engineer for the Navy, working on the SPAWAR Program here in South Carolina at Joint Base Charleston, Naval Weapons Station.
~Beaux

Beaux Wrote:My husband, Carl, was one of many Marines who were subject to experimentation with a new kind of MREs (dehydrated rations) during boot camp. Afterwards, he developed Proctalgia fugax, and later recurring hemorrhoids. Due to the contracts he (and his platoon mates) entered into with the government as a matter of course by becoming a Marine, he and the others who developed Proctalgia fugax are unable to seek legal recompense from the government, [...]

OMG That sounds awful and extremely unfair.

I wish you guys all the best!