Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Androgynous men
Sylph Wrote:I started an Androgynous Thread years ago here myself, but I simply dislike the way it seemed like you was using it as a sort of "Fetish" if you will.

just to be clear, i do not treat androgynous men as a fetish. i don't know that i have a fetish for androgynous men. i simply thought i'd start a discussion and see what others thought. it is an interesting topic to me, since i do find this quality attractive in certain context with certain guys. but not by or of itself.

and i don't condone the behavior/attitude where another person's identity (or part of it) is reduced to a mere object to be gotten off to.
''Do I look civilized to you?''

I was going to say basically what OP said in his post..

Androgyny is not something you can be, you either are or you aren't and I think it's truly rare and no you can't update your facebook status to androgynous, dark hair and eye shadow does not make you look feminine, it's in the bone structure, eyes, mouth..

Thats why [MENTION=18457]LONDONER[/MENTION] comment annoys me, and it's such a prevelant belief in the gay community and it's sickens me.

there are gay men who look androgynous and they have every right to be loved and actually some men like that

Truly androgynous boys get attention from real men because real men are attracted to females, not lifestyle queers who want their mirror image.

I also think that some races are more androgynous

I know its called Androgynous...but all I see is men looking very feminine , also if I see women doing it by wearing a suit etc, I just see a woman trying to look more like men , the pictures I see just seem to bring out the opposite gender in the person , not really a mix in my eyes - if any of that makes sense, The person who stands out most for me is the singer of Placebo who I know is not gay but he is Androgynous - though I know a lot of people who thought he was a woman for a very long time

Irusu Wrote:there are gay men who look androgynous and they have every right to be loved and actually some men like that

i absolutely agree.

i have also noticed that there is an outstanding trend on the gay scene to shun androgynous-looking men. i don't understand why, although i like the masculine men just as much as the next guy.

Quote:Truly androgynous boys get attention from real men because real men are attracted to females, not lifestyle queers who want their mirror image.

men are real whether they are attracted to other men or females. i don't know if you meant that part seriously or if it was supposed to be some joke.

matty7 Wrote:the pictures I see just seem to bring out the opposite gender in the person , not really a mix in my eyes - if any of that makes sense, The person who stands out most for me is the singer of Placebo who I know is not gay but he is Androgynous - though I know a lot of people who thought he was a woman for a very long time

never got into Placebo much myself (even though I own two of their albums). but i checked out Brian Molko, and i agree he's androgynous. although the guy also wears make-up (lipstick and the eye make-up), so that distorts his image. (also, his voice is clearly masculine, so how on hell anybody could think he was a female is beyond me).

i don't know what you mean by the,

Quote:the pictures I see just seem to bring out the opposite gender in the person , not really a mix in my eyes

they look clearly androgynous to me.

but i don't want to start an argument out of who is and who is not here. that's pointless. the thing with androgynous men is under certain context (clothing, hair, angle, emotion, etc) they will look more or less androgynous than in some others. again, different individuals are, of course, less/more androgynous than some others. thus it can be played out to a different degree depending on circumstances.

i'm not that interested in quantifying androgyny in anybody. i don't think it is a quantity, rather it is a quality. and every guy's is a quality that only they have, and that's part of what makes it so fascinating.

matty7 Wrote:I know its called Androgynous...but all I see is men looking very feminine , also if I see women doing it by wearing a suit etc, I just see a woman trying to look more like men , the pictures I see just seem to bring out the opposite gender in the person , not really a mix in my eyes - if any of that makes sense, The person who stands out most for me is the singer of Placebo who I know is not gay but he is Androgynous - though I know a lot of people who thought he was a woman for a very long time

I love placebo, I never though brian was a woman, I always thought he was gay but apparently he is bi, anyway it was just their music I liked, I didn't know what any of them looked like for years.

Spades Wrote:I agree with this.
I have no problem with them but give me the cowboys, the lumberjacks and handy men.

spuds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! welcome back mate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*LIfts an eyebrow at those saying that appearing androgynous makes a man less of a man. Pulling out the front of his pants to look inside, just making -sure-, yeah?*

I'm androgynous. I was born that way. It's not a choice, it's just how I look. I'd have to do some serious cosmetic body modification to make me NOT look that way.

It doesn't make me any -less- of a man.

Sorry, but some of the comments struck a cord with me. I hate it when people seem to think just because a guy is pretty that he's a pussy or nancy or whatever the hell term you want to put on it.

*Glancing over Twist's shoulder as he looks down his pants*
Definitely a man.

And -I- think that you are gorgeous, exactly as you are, love.

Being androgynous doesn't make you less of a man, nor does being gay make you less of a man. One comment is just as narrow minded as the other, in my opinion.

*Winks to Twist* Mine...M-I-N-E and you're fucking beautiful, man.

thawoods Wrote:I think androgynous men are women's end product of a lifelong conceived plan of emasculating males by letting them "get in touch with their feminine side." They're too much intimidated by a man's innate masculine power, so why not emasculate them a little?, and if you like Marilyn Manson for breakfast, then maybe androgynous men are for you.

Androgyny has nothing to do with being emasculated.

Nor does it have anything to do with Marilyn Manson. *Shudders.*

Neither does androgyny mean wearing make-up and feminine clothing.

Just because a man has a pretty face and can't pack on muscles doesn't make them any less of a man than someone with chiseled jaw and bulging muscles.