Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Androgyny <3
Hey Hunni Bunnies.

[Image: AndroGyne-92512153165.png#AndroGyne]

I've posted about this a while back, before a lot of the newer folk here, so I thought I'd fling it back up into y'all's awareness :3.

Androgyny - Odi 2012

And now I am posting it in Culture, because Androgyny, often confused with Transexualism or Cross-Dressing, can be seen a lot in both our Queer Culture and in the general population.

So I'd like to ask similarly to what I asked before. What is your opinion of it? I'm especially interested in the newer folks's opinions, cause it seems they are very different from the previous people's.

Such as Tinkie Winkie's (not calling you out lover, but it made me ponder) comment that Posts of Androgynous Men should be posted in the "Hot Girl" thread, as opposed to the Stud Thread...

Is this the general consensus or view of Androgynous people? That if they do not fit in one box, they're to be placed in another?

Because, being Androgynous(not like Andrej Pejic), I view myself as a Boy, but enjoy being seen as a girl and often feel the desire to look pretty. And I define myself mentally as neither, while leaning more on the girly/feminine side. However, I have no intentions or desires to become a woman.

So as you can tell, there's no clear cut "answer" or pattern even. So how can you put us in a box?

I feel as though, it's a highly underappreciated part of our culture as people in general and has a severe lack of understanding or education on the matter.

I've often read about how a lot of people consider Androgynous Males in particular to be similar to Eunicks and that they are not "Real Men", because we do not look like stereotypical males.

[Image: 1240735169k8VV6N.jpg]

So what is you guy's opinions on this topic/issue? As last time; Good,Bad as long as it's Constructive! No H8

<3

I think androgyny is completely wonderful! Personally, I don't give a damn what "box" androgynous people are categorized in. I think they're one of the greatest images of freedom, so why do we have to shove them in the corner out of the way? Now it may be a bit selfish of me to say so, but androgyny is one of the traits that most attracts me to a person. So I have a motive to what I'm saying, but w/e. I love it!

VileKyle Wrote:I think androgyny is completely wonderful! Personally, I don't give a damn what "box" androgynous people are categorized in. I think they're one of the greatest images of freedom, so why do we have to shove them in the corner out of the way? Now it may be a bit selfish of me to say so, but androgyny is one of the traits that most attracts me to a person. So I have a motive to what I'm saying, but w/e. I love it!

Oh...so you're attracted to me Horse Dick Kyle? Wink Rofl .

I agree it's very freeing. If I want to wear boys clothes one day and then a girl's the next(although I'd have to just trim my eyebrows abit...), no one really complains...

Although, I've only worn girl clothes in public once, so. Not to mention, it's very freeing mentally.

Smile

You know it :tongue:

To clarify, it's not cross dressing that does it for me (though I won't ever stand in someone's way of doing so). For some reason, I just can't resist someone who was born naturally androgynous (that word is terribly hard to spell). As someone who is attracted to both genders, what's better than getting both in one package? What I'm trying to say is that while I may not be as awesomely androgynous as you, I do appreciate your presence in the world. And damn, you made me blush!

Hm, those would be neutrois perhaps, Daz?
I learned about Androgyny here a GS, and I admit it was a shock for me Smile
I like looking at the pictures and not knowing. I like when the men have make up on for ads for example, so that they would make us really confused - as fun.
But I am not sure if I understand the desire to look like a woman in real life.
If they don't like to become a woman, how is that different from crossdressing?

Try neutrois.com

I thought Androgynous men felt to be men. Neutrois don't as far as I know. They feel genderless.

Smile I can't argue about something I know so little about. Maybe there is a lot of shades again. Because Odi doesn't seem to fit that definition.

I think I had seen their gender sign before I knew what it meant. I can relate to some things they say, but I am lost when it comes to Androgyny.

You posted a picture on I think Stud of the Day of a guy with facial hair with a "female" hairdo, and effeminate clothing. I was perturbed by that image, something in my gut, my animal hind brain revolted against it. A rather intriguing sensation for me since I typically don't revolt against anything.

I think that there is specific expectations of gender which we as animals expect. I have no problem with shaved faces of pretty guys in a dress or whatever. I have no problem with a guy in a beard throwing on a dress for laughs. But somehow gender neutral became gender confusing when the guy had a clearly masculine feature (facial hair) mixed with clearly effeminate features/dress/hairdo/whatever.

I find that a lot of the androgyny images posted are thus far guys who look womanly, not true 'gender neutral' but with a strong leaning toward the effeminate. There is no ambiguity, no 'well I don't know which gender they are' most look a lot like women. Thus are readily classified 'Female' in my brain.

Its not like we are looking at Saturday Night Live's Pat:

[Image: pat2-742146.jpg]

Which is perhaps a bit more realistic of the expectations of 'gender neutral'.

The image you posted at the top of this thread is that of a woman (in my eye). Like it or not this is what I expect a woman to look like... Is this true androgyny? Or is this a guy who is readily fitting in the role of cross dresser/transgender?

There is no real ambiguity with that 'guy/woman' in that image. He looks like a she.

I'm perfectly OK with 'Her'. 'She' is neatly defined as 'Her' in my mind and I can sally forth in my own little world knowing everything is right and proper. The other guy, the one with a beard - I am confused, I'm a bit 'upset', my little world is suddenly not so right and proper...

Now is my view that that is a woman based on instinctual clues and expectations that my DNA carries with it in the never-ending quest to find a mate to have offspring? Or is it a programmed response of 47 years of being told 'These are the things we expect from women, long hair, make-up, soft features.... etc....'?

There is the rub. Where does real gender differences end and genderfication (a state of applying unrealistic goals/expectations on a person due to what does or does not dangle between the legs) begin?

This slight revulsion I had was a unique experience for me. I now have what I think is a sudden insight as to why people revolt at the notion of LGBT people in general. Perhaps they too have that animal side of their brain reacting to us but on a more stronger level?

Old time carnivals would have the Bearded Woman, who was considered a 'freak' and people would pay to be chilled/terrified/revolted to see the Bearded Woman, a known 'freak of nature'. Right along side the 'wolf boy' and Siamese Twins.... What defines 'freak' in the minds of human, and what does 'freak' do to the animal side of the brain?

Do androgynous people bring that 'freak of nature' revulsion out of typical humans?

jsut wild images:
[Image: imageproxy?url=http%3a%2f%2fwordpress.sy...YKWDFfE%3d]

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSh7Bj81SsRpsSa1mMGfiN...o23cvYcSiE]

[Image: Screen-shot-2011-04-19-at-9.41.25-AM.png]

[Image: andrej-pejic_CNYZilzAsd.jpg]

[Image: AndrejPejic-iD-ThomasLohr02.jpg]