Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Androgyny :3
What, are you saying that large eyes with long dark lashes (like mine) are feminine?
But everyone, especially girls, always say my eyes are my best feature.
Next you'll tell me red lips are feminine too

Though I'd love to have longer legs and fingers, but no one else notices these "faults" so they can't be a big deaL

Odi, both your pictures and description don't strike me personally as androgynous, just mixed race.

As for Asians, I've noticed that they make particularly convincing drag queens, I once saw an Asian female burlesque performer and she looked like a drag queen to me.

Then there's the case of Bernard Bouriscot, the French diplomat who was seduced by Shi Pei Pu, a Chinese male spy who masqueraded as a woman and seduced Bouriscot into divulging French state secrets which he reported to the Chinese government during an affair that lasted many years, all that time Bouriscot never learned that his lover was truly a man until they were caught.
This was famously dramatized in the Pulitzer Prize winning play " M. Butterfly" by the playwright David Henry Hwang. A combination of the true story and Puccini's Opera Madama Butterfly (with the genders from the opera reversed). It was also made into a (supposedly inferior) movie.

Ironically I just came back from seeing Madama Butterfly at the Met Opera.
I'm such a sap, I tear up every time Cio-Cio San (Butterfly) kills herself in the end.

I can't believe I didn't notice this thread.
I still haven't got over my immediate reaction from the other day. I had never heard about this phenomen and when you introduced Andrej, I felt totally lost. I can't get him out of my head since then though, to be honest. Smile

Person66,
I would like to say first that I mean no offence... Babies have big round eyes and I once heard about a study that said that almost all people like it. It is genetic thing and it was developed so that babies and little kids had bigger chance on surviving. I am not surprised people like your eyes Smile

I've also heard that this is why Asian people often go through an eye surgery (to have their eyes look more rounded and bigger) because it is less "threatening" and looks "more honest."
They compared it to a fact that when you are mad at someone or when you are preparing for a fight, you narrow your eyes. They say people do that because you can't "read" narrow eyes that well.

OMG you people...what is wrong with you?

How can you talk androgeny without mention of Ziggy Stardust and Aladdin Sane...OMFG are you serious?

[Image: Ziggy-Stardust-ziggy-stardust-8526911-350-514.jpg]

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQLM7EyHEKW5xIg-2ty8Zj...i7OcRFvzaT]

[Image: tumblr_lxduzxKf281qjwbbvo1_400.jpg]

[Image: HG_Bowie_ZiggyStardust.jpg]

[Image: album-the-man-who-sold-the-world.jpg]

Shame on you Wink lol

Nick why would I take offense when you complement my eyes Smile
Thank you

Yes I have heard what babies and any animals we consider "cute" have features like big eyes and large heads compared to their bodies, this makes us genetically pre-disposed to liking them and wanting to take care of them thus increasing their chances of survival.
BTW- I have a large head too (not freakishly big or anything)

a large head? I'm listening Wink lol

It's better than a little head :tongue: