Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anger rubbing off on me?
So, i've joined a new forum real recently.
This forum has a lot more...err...confrontation on it.
And to be honest. Since joining it i feel angrier in general. I was wondering if perhaps it's rubbing off on me or something?:confused:

The last thing i want to do is spread the anger here as it were.:frown:
Even though i don't think i've done anything too confrontational here yet, there's nothing wrong with being pre-emptive. :redface:.

You think it might be a good idea if i call it quits on that site for a while?:confused:
I joined it out of a mix of wanting to have fun and curiosity.
I didn't think it'd effect me much to be honest.:redface:

Think this is a a little silly of me to worry about a thing like this?:redface:
Silly Sarcastic So-and-so

No, I'm actually experiencing some frustration at present on this site. I think what I shall do is avoid those forums which frustrate me. Some times it is very hard for me to let go when people start making uninformed comments about subjects I am passionate about. I really just need to let people have their misconceptions and leave it at that.

Perhaps that would be the best thing for you to do as well. If it seems like you are being drawn into that negativity, take a break from it.

In answer to you both, exploring new sites and life is always good, but i thy don't agree with your line of thought, be careful, watch what the people on the site say, and if it is always confrontational, maybe a new site is in order, as far as people going off half cocked, making statements that have no merit based on the facts, that has been going on since man could talk, James
[Image: images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcRz-Six7p24KDjrx1F_V...A&usqp=CAU]

I have to agree with James. Scatter

I'm going to agree with James too. Have you never had a conversation in a pub?

Gen, we shan't hold it against you if you join another forum; I've signed up to a couple myself recently and have yet to determine how much of my time I shall allow them to consume. If I don't get anything out of being a member I shall let my membership wither away.

It is not silly of you to think about what time you give to which activities. Maybe they are just going through a bit of troll-training. It happens Wink

I did join the other forum site in full knowledge i'd get into a few...err..."debates" with it's members.
I just felt gay people were a little under represented on the site.Rolleyes

Well if i ever get really annoyed with it, i'll probably take a break from it to cool off.Confusedmile:

But please forgive me(and let me know) if i do ever get a tad over confrontational here.:redface:
Silly Sarcastic So-and-so

Genersis Wrote:... let me know) if i do ever get a tad over confrontational here.:redface:
Like that's going to happen Wink You go for it, Genersis Smile

well since connexion.org closed gayspeak.com has become the cats meow for me. at least on connexion i never noticed the gay population to be any more accepting, and maybe less than the general population. maybe because the gays never experienced a lot of acceptance themselves.

while on gayspeak i have gained some insight and got to look at a thing or two at a different angle.

differences from connexion:
-almost no age awareness at gayspeak. this seems to be a gay thing too. personally; i have a 20's something daughter ( from a straight relationship ) and no interest in another high maintenance thingy.
-there is more freedom to post what you think here. maybe because of a wider demographic. clearly american politics on a UK site is more clinical. for what little i have posted i gained some insight i would not normally have. thanks.
-every sunday connexion would light up with peeps being saved. appeared on sunday, went back into the wood work the rest of the time. an admin emailed me they were mostly fake and he liked to sleep in on sundays.
-connexion had the grammar spelling nazism, mostly people who owned a keyboard and were not doing this on an iphone. the inter-web is "best effort".

I dont think you should leave the site because of confrontations. Its bound to happen at some point. Just try to avoid those forums where you know you may encounter problems with other people. Its ok to disagree, but it isnt ok to make a person feel bad about their opinion.