Rate Thread
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Anime, anyone?
I found no similar thread that's not abandoned since long ago so I just thought I'd start one myself! In the Western world animation is usually limited to movies aimed at children and the occasional "goody but sometimes serious" comedy show like South Park or The Simpsons etc.

In Japan, however, it's a medium that can accomplish more or less anything and tell any kind of story. Some of it comes out like the Japanese equivalents of mindless High School comedy flicks whilst some of it can reach WAY beyond the limits of what most people thought possible for "a childish medium like animation" and raise plenty of thought provoking questions.

So, is anyone here interested in anime? I've been for a few years and I don't watch it as often anymore but some titles really changed my life and even helped me come to terms with my sexuality Big Grin

I've always meant to watch more anime but i do find it hard to find interesting shows.

I did want to mention however that there are an increasing number of adult orientated western cartoons.
The boondocks, Archer, Bob's burgers, and moral oral just to name a few.

ever watched wolfs rain, really good show and one of my favorites

I haven't seen Wolf's rain yet but I really want to! Big Grin

Also, yes, there are plenty of western cartoons that are only suitable for adults because profanity, political satire etc. but in Japan it's not even limited to that. There are some anime that bring up very thought-provoking questions about human nature, existence, technological advances, meaning of life etc. and present them in very approachable and intelligent ways. I've never really seen anything similar in the western part of the world as far as animation goes, which is a shame because it's a medium you can do plenty of creative things with.

I guess the closest we have are some Pixar features who nonetheless have children as their PRIMARY target audience. Then there's the occasional artsy piece of animation or independent work but those are pretty obscure.

Hey there..i watched this amazing anime called deathnote..it's by the best anime i've watched to date..so witty and so catchy! It actually makes u think

Ummm.... so so really... If it is on, I'll watch it... but I don'y go looking for it Wink
I'm similar with guys.... LOL

Anime is awesome, I've been meaning to make a new thread my self Tongue. I'm currently watching Btooom! which tured out to be a lot better than I expected it to be. I normally watch more but currently I've been busy. Still a few anime I'd like to see when I get round to it.

I'm a huge anime fan, i think i started watching anime when i was in high school, then i was introduced to anime type of games. and that's been my main focus as far.

But there are a few Animes that i watch now and then and brag about non stop. One including Deathnote, and Chobits.

I was recentlly introduced to bleach but i haven't had enough time to watch it. Smile

First and only time I saw Death Note it was the last four or five episodes in a marathon from like 2am to 5:30am. I should have gone to bed but I couldn't stop watching. My brother summarized the entire series briefly throughout, so I at least had some idea what was going on.

I've enjoyed Cowboy Bebop, Fullmetal Alchemist, Ghost in the Shell, some others I can't name off the top of my head...used to watch DBZ and other things on Toonami when I was a wee lad.

Not really much of an anime guy though.

Oooh....I've watched anime most my life lol. There are many good ones but so far Kuroshitsuji and Durarara are my favourites ^^