Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anniverary of Stonewall
44th aniversary of Stonewall protests/riots is 6-29-13, I know there were protests before this but this is the one most people feel is the beginning of the gay movement. Some lost their lives, but was better than putting up with what was happening. Please go on line and learn what happened and respect those who fought for us, Jim
[Image: images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcRz-Six7p24KDjrx1F_V...A&usqp=CAU]

Also important to remember the contribution of the trans community, like Sylvia Rivera, who were a big part of the initial resistance against police. Too often the major contributions of drag queens and transgender activist is ignored in the history of gay rights.

OrphanPip Wrote:Also important to remember the contribution of the trans community, like Sylvia Rivera, who were a big part of the initial resistance against police. Too often the major contributions of drag queens and transgender activist is ignored in the history of gay rights.
Indeed. Or sometimes even blamed for the slow progress of the rights movement.
Which is sad...:frown:

Thanks James, I knew very little about this, its great thing, I know I would've been right there with them, the police started it, we finished it Smile

Interesting timing for SCOTUS to reach a decision, too.

Thanks to the previous generation, it was worth it.

Gutsy motherfuckers, in this life or the next they oughta form a choir chanting 'you're welcome, you're welcome, you're welcome.'