Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another Dream thread
good morning everyone I had dreams again. Tho fuzzy as they are. There was a tree and someone shook the tree (fuk head) And then bees came out of the tree.

And my latest dream I was with a group of friends beside a lake that had roads going around it and the banks were soft clay. And we smoked weed. There has been marijuana in my dreams a bit lately. And also a lot of swimming too. This was my favorite dream of the night Smile

Okay this is really embarrassing but I've had a recurring character in my nightmares ever since I was 5.

It all began when 5-year old me saw the front of a newspaper that contained a picture of a bloodied Muhammad Ali. I guess it was taken after one of his matches because he was seriously beaten up. I thought it looked very scary but I could barely read at that time. I could however tell that his last name was "Ali" and I sort of connected that with the last letter of his first name creating the name "Dali".

Soon a very threatening figure introduced himself in my dreams; a murderer named Dali. I could very rarely get a glimpse of his face but he looked nowhere near the boxer his name was derived from. Anyways, he returned frequently in my dreams up until I was 14 or so. At this point his visits became less and less frequent. Now he shows up maybe once a year at most - last time was a few months ago. He's killed me several times - I used to think you never die in your dreams but apparently that wasn't true. When my little brother was born I guess I was sort of protective of him so naturally Dali became interested in him as well. He's the worst thing my imagination ever created Sad

I'm not afraid of the dark and well... almost nothing in general is frightening to me. But once I've had a dream with Dali I turn the lights on and check the wardrobe...

I had a dream I outran a stampede of dinosaurs on a camel.

I had a dream where a guy in a black cloak with his back turned to me, with white hair. Saying my name, he looks like he could be my age and I feel I know him. He starts to turn around when I see one of his really blue eyes I wake up.

Gosh, what a topic! XD

I do crazy, really crazy dreams more or less every night, and I have 'light sleep', I wake up and I fall asleep continuing the dreams, and generally I remember my dreams, sometimes I'm almost able to 'change the plot'...
And many times my dreams are so articulated and I wake up tired with a great chaos in my head O_O

I have recurring dreams too (in the past recurring nightmares...). Oh, often I dream about the grammar school, the teacher ask me something that I don't remember cause I did the grammar school many years ago and then I did the university, now I'm working, etc. I sold 'that book' many years ago, why I'm here now? XD
Or something like: We have invalidated your school-leaving exam, so we have invalidated all your university exams... XD
It's not a nightmare but neither a good dream Blackbat

I dreamt about eating magic mushroom and I even tasted them... I don't like the taste so much u.u And after I had eaten some I found more mushrooms and they had mushrooms growing outa them :p

I usually hate my dull dreams of being back in school more than actual nightmares (once I was so desperate to escape the school which I couldn't leave that I was walking around topless so I'd be expelled). Though one was cool, I was in the Bible Belt school again which got taken over by terrorists that included my mom and I was a mix of child & adult...after the sitch was resolved to my liking I told Dad who showed up what happened and then went home with my REAL Dad, Rupert Giles (who has guest starred in many dreams of mine, and has been my father in more than one). Rofl

I've head some really cool dreams as well, either for being awesome or just deliciously weird. But at the moment I'm most fascinated by the ones that make NO sense at all (I looked it up and read that the part of the brain involved with logic gets shut down during sleep, and sometimes it's obviously all the way off whereas other days it's only a little off). This can include picking mushrooms that are growing in between my toes to like where I dreamed everyone around me only had a tentacle with an eyeball on it instead of a head (and not thinking anything weird about it). Where it gets really weird is like once I defeated a guy (after retrieving his soul from the Hindu spirit world, and I simply can't believe he's Hindu, btw, he's a Baptist) who used to give me problems as a teen and when I did he turned into a bar of laundry soap. Some Japanese people were present who poured chemicals on a creature part rabbit & fish that made it pee in pain (I felt bad for the critter, however) on the soap bar making it melt (and thus executing him).

Lucid dreams are the most fun, of course, though not always. Like once I instantly plunged into a dream where I knew I suspected I was dreaming and after opening the fridge and seeing only bottles of red soda I knew it had to be (and to be sure I tasted one and couldn't get a taste or liquid sensation confirming my suspicions, and thus showing the logic part of my brain was still at least a little active). I couldn't make myself wake up, however, I was just stuck in a dark kitchen surrounded by cats. I threw the open bottle because there was no point to holding it and I wouldn't have to clean it up and the cats went to lap it up. I sat down and one of the cats crawled into my lap and I realized it was a barn cat I used to know (died a long time ago).

But the most fascinating thing to me is dream memories. This can get really complicated, from dreaming of being multiple people at the same time to dreaming something happened and then forgetting it until I wake up. But where it's most fascinating is like once I fell asleep for 5 minutes and dreamed I was getting into a car with friends...and I had detailed memories of everything we'd done that day! :eek:

The most surreal was when I dreamed I was from another world with no memory of Earth but plenty of details of our advanced alien civilization.

I had a dream last night were I was fighting zombie animals with help from my uncle and my mom.

Pix Wrote:at the moment I'm most fascinated by the ones that make NO sense at all (I looked it up and read that the part of the brain involved with logic gets shut down during sleep, and sometimes it's obviously all the way off whereas other days it's only a little off). This can include picking mushrooms that are growing in between my toes to like where I dreamed everyone around me only had a tentacle with an eyeball on it instead of a head (and not thinking anything weird about it). Where it gets really weird is like once I defeated a guy (after retrieving his soul from the Hindu spirit world, and I simply can't believe he's Hindu, btw, he's a Baptist) who used to give me problems as a teen and when I did he turned into a bar of laundry soap. Some Japanese people were present who poured chemicals on a creature part rabbit & fish that made it pee in pain (I felt bad for the critter, however) on the soap bar making it melt (and thus executing him).

I just recalled this vid (saw it again for the first time in years)...I used to love this and it reminded me of just how deliciously weird some of my dreams can be:

My dreams are awful and depressing but I once had a dream in which I was flying like a bird. It was wonderful! I remember I was going through a very peaceful phase in my life and I was very self-confident (flying in your dreams = self-confidence).