Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another ISIS beheading: Alan Henning
ISIS has just released another horrific video of a beheading, I believe it is the fourth one.

The victim was Alan Henning.

I didn't watch any of the videos, of course, but one detail that impressed me about these photos is how brave and dignified the victims look, even though they know they are about to be murdered. Sad

More on this:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/hom...74528.html

Finally the voices of people saying we should sit down and try to understand and show compassion to terrorists are becoming almost nonexistent.

people/groups who have outright wished to kill everyone who doesn't accept/conform to their ideology/standards/viewpoints have never survived and succeeded with their agenda. the Greeks killed their tyrants (if you don't already know this then in Greek history there was one homosexual couple who accomplished this feat and the two lovers ruled instead and they were welcome to do so by the people); Savonarola was excommunicated and executed when his adamant insistence that more and more heretics (i.e. homosexuals, gamblers, people ''guilty'' of even lesser ''offenses'') should be burned. Marat was killed (rightfully so) and the Robespierre were beheaded themselves. everybody gets sick of people like that. even those who might share their ideology.

i'm not worried about ISIS. they are exactly the same as Jean-Paul Marat. and they will collapse under the weight of their own militancy and get destroyed too.

ISIS may actually unite (most of) the Arab World finally....

...with the West...

I don't think that is their goal.

meridannight Wrote:people/groups who have outright wished to kill everyone who doesn't accept/conform to their ideology/standards/viewpoints have never survived and succeeded with their agenda. the Greeks killed their tyrants (if you don't already know this then in Greek history there was one homosexual couple who accomplished this feat and the two lovers ruled instead and they were welcome to do so by the people); Savonarola was excommunicated and executed when his adamant insistence that more and more heretics (i.e. homosexuals, gamblers, people ''guilty'' of even lesser ''offenses'') should be burned. Marat was killed (rightfully so) and the Robespierre were beheaded themselves. everybody gets sick of people like that. even those who might share their ideology.

i'm not worried about ISIS. they are exactly the same as Jean-Paul Marat. and they will collapse under the weight of their own militancy and get destroyed too.

I think you're making a real bad comparison using Robespierre and Marat against Islamic extremists.

Most westerners are surprised to learn that the things being fought for by the Taliban, Al Qaida, Muslim Brotherhood, ISIS and supported by the the governments of Iran and Saudi Arabia are EXACTLY the same things Islamic extremists were fighting for 900 years ago.

Here we are going to war over beheadings in 2014... So did Genghis Khan back in the 1200s. All for exactly the same reasons... This is history repeating itself and westerners don't realize it or even have a clue that the war the armies of Genghis waged in the middle east was bigger than anything known before the WWII. I learned all this while stationed in Afghanistan where we marines did a great deal of reading and discussing all this -- and talking with people there.

Last year I read a book called "A History of France" by Andre Maurois. A GREAT BOOK. But be warned --- every page in it will require you to google people and events he casually mentions. When it came to the Reign of Terror under Robespierre and the "Committee of Public Safety" in most history accounts omit or barely refer to the solid truth that the writings of Adam Weishaupt of Illuminati fame were widely circulated and read in Paris. In fact the ideals and tactics of the Illuminati were put to practice under Robespierre an the Committee. Robespierre and Weishaupt both believed terror was a tool to instill "morality" into people of a nation. (you can find writings by both to confirm this) Islamic terrorists have always used terror as a means to frighten their enemies both real and imaginary. (look up Nizari Ismailis for info on the early terrorists.)

Robespierre and the committee attempted to throw off all traditions and ties with the past to re-invent a new society. They renamed the days of the week, made weeks ten days instead of seven, renamed the months, outlawed existing religions and invented a totally new one....and that's just part of their changes. It was at this time the word "communist" first came into use to refer to the people who were involved with the Reign of Terror which has more in common with the mass murders done by Stalin and Mao after WWII than with Islamic extremists.

Virge Wrote:[...] Robespierre and the committee attempted to throw off all traditions and ties with the past to re-invent a new society. [...]

Robespierre was a brilliant intellectual and he actually meant well but he suffered from a problem that plagues many intellectuals: exceptional mind, poor heart. You can't rule a nation without emotional intelligence.

The ISIS murderers, by the contrary, are just pure psychos and their days are numbered.

Anyway, if you guys are interested in the story of Robespierre and the French Revolution, I strongly recommend Andrzej Wajda's Danton, starring the wonderful Gerard Depardieu.

MisterLove Wrote:Robespierre was a brilliant intellectual and he actually meant well but he suffered from a problem that plagues many intellectuals: exceptional mind, poor heart. You can't rule a nation without emotional intelligence.

The ISIS murderers, by the contrary, are just pure psychos and their days are numbered.

Anyway, if you guys are interested in the story of Robespierre and the French Revolution, I strongly recommend Andrzej Wajda's Danton, starring the wonderful Gerard Depardieu.

After writing what I did about Robespierre I read a bit on Wikipedia about him and read his OWN WORDS about the use of terror. You're being kind saying he had a poor heart.

[SIZE="3"]"If virtue be the spring of a popular government in times of peace, the spring of that government during a revolution is virtue combined with terror: virtue, without which terror is destructive; terror, without which virtue is impotent. Terror is only justice prompt, severe and inflexible; it is then an emanation of virtue; it is less a distinct principle than a natural consequence of the general principle of democracy, applied to the most pressing wants of the country ... The government in a revolution is the despotism of liberty against tyranny."

[/SIZE]
He was a monster who rationalized 80,000 deaths of innocent citizens as being a small sacrifice for liberty the French people would not have for another 100 years... not because of his efforts but in spite of them.... if you read the full history of the aftermath of the French Revolution.

Virge Wrote:After writing what I did about Robespierre I read a bit on Wikipedia about him and read his OWN WORDS about the use of terror. You're being kind saying he had a poor heart.

[...]

Sweetie, I obviously don't agree with Robespierre's methods and no ideology justifies murder but he was totally different from the ISIS psychos - a different kind of monster, if you will.

He did have a philosophy, he was greatly admired by many and he truly wanted to pursue the greater good. And if you have been in a position of leadership, you know you can't always be Mr Nice.

(In fact, I wish last year I could have sent some of my subordinates to the guillotine but sadly I couldn't looll)

I'm with you about subordinates.... I'm mentoring 7 freshmen and a large part of my credibility rides on their behaviour. I got an email this morning from a friend in law enforcement 2 of them went to jail for disorderly conduct and public intoxication.... and they're both underage for booze. Guillotine? I'll settle for a claw hammer.

Virge Wrote:I think you're making a real bad comparison using Robespierre and Marat against Islamic extremists.

Last year I read a book called "A History of France" by Andre Maurois. A GREAT BOOK. But be warned --- every page in it will require you to google people and events he casually mentions. When it came to the Reign of Terror under Robespierre and the "Committee of Public Safety" in most history accounts omit or barely refer to the solid truth that the writings of Adam Weishaupt of Illuminati fame were widely circulated and read in Paris. In fact the ideals and tactics of the Illuminati were put to practice under Robespierre an the Committee. Robespierre and Weishaupt both believed terror was a tool to instill "morality" into people of a nation. (you can find writings by both to confirm this) Islamic terrorists have always used terror as a means to frighten their enemies both real and imaginary. (look up Nizari Ismailis for info on the early terrorists.)

Robespierre and the committee attempted to throw off all traditions and ties with the past to re-invent a new society. They renamed the days of the week, made weeks ten days instead of seven, renamed the months, outlawed existing religions and invented a totally new one....and that's just part of their changes. It was at this time the word "communist" first came into use to refer to the people who were involved with the Reign of Terror which has more in common with the mass murders done by Stalin and Mao after WWII than with Islamic extremists.

i am aware of all this, thank you. i've studied French and European history more than just reading one book. and i don't have to look up the names in the dictionary to know who those people or what those events are; (i don't mean to be an ass, but i hate it when people try to tell me stuff about things i already know as if i didn't know them).

i wasn't comparing their ideology or reasons behind their violence. those are of course different. i was making a comparison that violence like this has never succeeded with anybody, and gets their own turned on the people who perpetrate it in the end. in this sense they are similar because ISIS is alienating their own Islamic people with their actions as well. this happened in France under Robespierre too. a lot of the guys who were initially for Maximilien Robespierre and who favored his ideals were eventually turned off by his continued terror regime. this is where the analogy runs.