Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another Noob
lampegat Wrote:Most people outside the Netherlands just call it Holland or Amsterdam. I had one person ask me once if we wore Peter Pan clothes in the 'Neverlands' Tongue

Wicked

[Image: lmao2.gif] [Image: lmao2.gif] [Image: lmao2.gif]

Welcome aboard lampegat Wink

lampegat Wrote:Well... I don't know what to say...

Well you did great. Thanks.

A very interesting life. Did you enjoy all the different locations you lived in? Have a fav?

fjp999 Wrote:Well you did great. Thanks.

A very interesting life. Did you enjoy all the different locations you lived in? Have a fav?

Thank you. Smile

Moving a lot was difficult so it was hard to keep in contact with any friends I made. It's really hard to decide. I loved Paris, but London was a fantastic city too. Washington D.C. wasn't my favourite but it was interesting living in the states and going to do and see all the stuff I've seen in films Tongue American high schools are just bizarre.

So I guess I'd have to say Paris was my favourite. It would be even better without all the French people though.

So having moved around as much as you have (welcome to GS by the way :biggrin: xx), how many languages do you speak ?

Whenever I think of the Netherlands, I always think of people speaking Dutch, English plus usually one other language pretty well - how's your French ?

Confusedmile:.

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

lampegat Wrote:Thank you. Smile

Moving a lot was difficult so it was hard to keep in contact with any friends I made. It's really hard to decide. I loved Paris, but London was a fantastic city too. Washington D.C. wasn't my favourite but it was interesting living in the states and going to do and see all the stuff I've seen in films Tongue American high schools are just bizarre.

So I guess I'd have to say Paris was my favourite. It would be even better without all the French people though.

OMG, you are so funny... thanks for those great giggles...

I dont know DC very well but you write: Washington D.C., Columbus. Is Columbus center city? I would guess if it was it would be a very very odd place to live but again, I dont know DC very wll.

Please tell the most bizarre thing of the high school you attended, if you can.

Lastly, if you took the French people out of Paris what would you fill it with?

frank

Shadow Wrote:So having moved around as much as you have (welcome to GS by the way :biggrin: xx), how many languages do you speak ?

Whenever I think of the Netherlands, I always think of people speaking Dutch, English plus usually one other language pretty well - how's your French ?

Thank you Smile

I speak Dutch, English, French, and my German's pretty good.

Mais j'ai une place speciale dans ma coeur pour la langue française. Tongue

fjp999 Wrote:OMG, you are so funny... thanks for those great giggles...

I dont know DC very well but you write: Washington D.C., Columbus. Is Columbus center city? I would guess if it was it would be a very very odd place to live but again, I dont know DC very wll.

Please tell the most bizarre thing of the high school you attended, if you can.

Lastly, if you took the French people out of Paris what would you fill it with?

frank

Hehe. I like to make people laugh.

Columbus, Ohio is what I meant. I've lived in Washington D.C. and Columbus, Ohio.

The most bizarre thing is hard to choose.

Well first was the huge (hot) lunches like pizza, pasta, tacos, etc. In the Netherlands you bring your lunch with you most of the time and you only have one hot meal a day (usually dinner).

If the teacher is missing then they always find a replacement (we always just have a free hour that lesson).

The schools schedule was the same every day.

There were sports AT the actual school with those cheerleader girls always dancing around (they weren't very bright... I saw them misspell the name of the school once writing on a window).

If I wanted to get medicine for a headache or leave the school because I was ill I had to go see a NURSE. That's just so outragous!

I could go on and on probably Tongue

And if you had an empty Paris you could just fill it with more tourists because A) the French wouldn't be there to scare them away and B) there'd be more room for them.

But who am I kidding? If it were empty it would fill up with immigrants for sure xD

French people are nice but so... arrogant.

Welcome, I join the others in hoping you enjoy it here and in congratulating you on your excellent English.

Your comments on the French are pretty sweeping and unjustified in my opinion. It looks like you didn't get out and about much in France ... Wink Hint - if you you like Paris, but prefer not to encounter Parisians, France has a solution that's probably unique in Europe and very easy - just go in August.

Uw Engels is veel beter dan mijn Nederlands, hoewel mooi princealbert spreekt goed Nederlands. Ik heb vrienden in Heiloo en op de kust. Ik heb een paar keer in Nederland. Ik ging naar school in St Albans.

lampegat Wrote:Hi. I found this forum through Stumbleupon. I thought it would be a good chance to chat with other gay people and practice my English at the same time. I'm 18 and I'm from Eindhoven (the city Phillips is from) in the Netherlands.

I hope you'll all excuse me if I make any mistakes... Tongue
Welkom Welcome Lampegat.... Coeur is masculine in French... Le français garde une place spéciale dans ton coeur...

marshlander Wrote:Welcome, I join the others in hoping you enjoy it here and in congratulating you on your excellent English.

Your comments on the French are pretty sweeping and unjustified in my opinion. It looks like you didn't get out and about much in France ... Wink Hint - if you you like Paris, but prefer not to encounter Parisians, France has a solution that's probably unique in Europe and very easy - just go in August.

Uw Engels is veel beter dan mijn Nederlands, hoewel mooi princealbert spreekt goed Nederlands. Ik heb vrienden in Heiloo en op de kust. Ik heb een paar keer in Nederland. Ik ging naar school in St Albans.

Well by the French I really mostly meant the Parisians. When I lived in Alsace I found the people to be more gentle. If course not all French people are like that, just like not all British food is that bad. People just say it is.

Maar je nederlands is echt goed, jonge. Hoezo?
princealbertofb Wrote:Welkom Welcome Lampegat....

Dankjewel ^^