Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another castaway...
…crawling aboard like a nearly drowned rat from a sinking ship. (Damn, why can't I think of something more colorful and interesting than such a hackneyed cliché?) I wish I could say I'm happy to be here, perhaps someday I shall be. At the moment, though, I'm in the midst of many transitions in my life, not only this one. I'm filled with sadness, a sense of loss, a recognition that I need to make serious changes in my life far more profound than merely seeking refuge on yet another forum. The next week or so will be especially busy since I'm moving from one apartment to another.

I see other familiar personas, refugees like myself, have already created accounts here. So, we know one another, sort of, more or less, and share a bit of common history. I wonder how that's going to work as we migrate from one long established community to another with its own history, culture, new personas to meet and try to understand? (I'm finding myself utterly distracted by the dancing pink elephant to my right as I write this. I'll have to do something about that. Where the hell is the eye-roll smiley?! Yes, thank you, I know I can manage my preferred smilies, which I undoubtedly will, eventually.)

So I'm supposed to say something about me for those poor souls who haven't a clue: I'm a 66 year old semi-retired out gay man, a widower twice over, who has lived a rather interesting life (given my humble earthly beginnings), centered predominantly around the visual arts, who is now coming to terms with being a senior citizen. That is, not merely being "older" but truly old. Inside myself I still feel about twenty or thirty years younger than I am but there is no denying the age spots, disappearing wacky eyebrows, hair growing out of the ears, wrinkles and all that. Even though I enjoy walking, working out, eating well and trying to stay fit, the truth is getting old sucks. Truly sucks. (Yes, it is ok to LOL at my grumpiness, I do and recommend you do as well.) Hopefully you'll forgive and perhaps be a bit understanding of my current state. I know it isn't permanent. This, too, shall pass.

If I begin to integrate myself into this community you'll learn soon enough that I have a rather odd sense of humor. I'm not particularly witty, although I am obviously wordy. I have a lot to say about a lot of things and nothing at all to say about many more. For the record, I consider myself from another planet, only visiting here in this (now aged) human form. My role here is predominately that of a *witness* within this particular arch of human history. With that in mind *what* I've witnessed (not my origins) is the interesting story.

And with all that said, I'll simply add, Hey wat up? Elefant :eek: Rolleyes

Hello Mike Wavey

Hi and welcome to gs, this site is great for getting help,support, advice and making friends. And that was a very nice intro you made Smile

Hey welcome to GS! Thats an introduction I like!

I also wonder about the two communities coming together as one.. It makes me think of the walking dead when two camps became one haha. I think it can be alright people on GS are pretty open and willing to get stuck in so to speak. I would point out there is a live chat room too where you may find some users Smile

Anyway its great to hear an insight into your life and I'll look forward to reading more Smile
[COLOR="Purple"]As I grow to understand less and less,
I learn to love it more and more.
[/COLOR]

Hello MikeW. I'm sorry to hear that you're not feeling too good about your life changes.. but glad that you're here.

Yeah, getting old sucks. I turned 40 months ago.. and look great for my age (Most guys think I'm in my early thirties), but I'm noticing the changes.. on my face.. on my hair. and it gets to me from time to time.

PRGMR Wrote:Yeah, getting old sucks. I turned 40 months ago.. and look great for my age (Most guys think I'm in my early thirties), but I'm noticing the changes.. on my face.. on my hair. and it gets to me from time to time.

I'm 25 and found a grey hair in my eyebrows yesterday.. I wanted the ground to swallow me up whole Sad
[COLOR="Purple"]As I grow to understand less and less,
I learn to love it more and more.
[/COLOR]

Heya Mike! Glad to see you hopped over also Smile

xavier Wrote:Hello Mike Wavey
Yo. Dude. Wolfie

Wolfpack Wrote:Hi and welcome to gs, this site is great for getting help,support, advice and making friends. And that was a very nice intro you made Smile
Awesome! And thanks! Cat2

Mike! I'm really glad you joined us!