Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another country in Europe voted for same-sex partnerships
Estonian parliament just voted on legalizing same-sex partnerships in the country and it passed with 40 in favor and 38 against (10 members didn't vote). the law is scheduled to take effect from 2016.

this motion had just been denied hearing a couple of weeks ago, but it went through the parliament the second time around and today they voted on it. so now it's done. nice.

we are gonna do some celebrating tonight. Smile

Another country joins the list of the civilised
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

What's interesting is that Estonia is a former Soviet bloc country.

Props to them.

palbert Wrote:What's interesting is that Estonia is a former Soviet bloc country.

Props to them.

it was forced to be a soviet block country. Estonians identify, and have always identified, more with the West.

it was about damn time this law passed though. Estonia itself has never discriminated against homosexuals, and it has never legally banned or outlawed homosexuality. the only thing that surprises me is that this didn't happen sooner.

Celebrating one step forward... Happy news Beerchug

Nice news!

I was just reading about same sex marriage on wikipedia. Because I was curious about the progress. (I don't have a television, actually I do but without channels :p)

Hopefully other countries would follow quickly Wink... This is good step towards equality Big Grin...

Good news!!
If only love would spread as easily as hate or fundamentalism, more would follow before I finished typing this reply...

This is good to hear. The more the merrier. I've mostly been trying to keep up with progress in the USA and Finland, but all progress is nice to hear. It gives hope for the future. Smile