Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The future of aerial dogfights
This matches an artificial intelligent pilot against a human. Guess who wins?

http://www.popsci.com/ai-pilot-beats-air...lt&src=syn
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

So basically geeks rule the world... I mean all the engineers, software developers and so on are the ones who create this technology... Also scary too at the same time...
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

axle2152 Wrote:So basically geeks rule the world... I mean all the engineers, software developers and so on are the ones who create this technology... Also scary too at the same time...

So, if they can do that for air warfare think what they could do on the ground.
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

The guys at Tesla are probably wishing it were so right now, Londoner.
I bid NO Trump!

LONDONER Wrote:So, if they can do that for air warfare think what they could do on the ground.

Imagine them leaving a hidden back door into the software...

LJay Wrote:The guys at Tesla are probably wishing it were so right now, Londoner.

It is unfortunate, however again this is the failure of the driver to take control. The software is very much new and there are always going to be some kind of error. There is so much involved in making a car driverless and being so new no one should assume that such a feature can compensate for every possibility. Of course I imagine that Tesla will get sued and will lose most likely.
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

Interesting point [MENTION=23180]axle2152[/MENTION]. If the driver failed to take control at the appropriate time, it is a case of driver error and Tesla should not be held liable.

As for the plane, taking a view nearly too cynical for even me, one might argue that it is necessary to kill or capture people in war and that a duel of technology is pointless. Of course, killing and capturing people is pretty much pointless too...
I bid NO Trump!