Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another point against "pot" being legalized....
Some people just should not reproduce pot has nothing to do with it......jeez.

Mick

I think a lot of people right around when the beatles came out did that. It is dangerous to leave a person in a car in a summer day with all windows closed. Probably something similar the World Sauna Competition.

Yes, this uptick in child neglect probably has nothing to do with people playing Angry Birds or texting or being forgetful or busy or changing their routine or just a horrible, horrible accident that former parents feel a little bad about.

Definitely the pot.

Spellbound Wrote:Effects on Life

Research clearly demonstrates that marijuana has the potential to cause problems in daily life or make a person's existing problems worse. In fact, heavy marijuana users generally report lower life satisfaction, poorer mental and physical health, relationship problems, and less academic and career success compared to their peers who came from similar backgrounds. For example, marijuana use is associated with a higher likelihood of dropping out from school. Several studies also associate workers' marijuana smoking with increased absences, tardiness, accidents, workers' compensation claims, and job turnover.

The arguments used against marijuana can be used against alcohol and any other drug out there.

In that regard,
alcohol, tobacco, and addictive prescription drugs
remain legal despite the atrocities incited by their uses,
which can't get equated with the use of marijuana.

You can't escape the fact that the addiction possibility is low,
and the medical benefits as well as the safety of using it far out way other drugs.

I think this is just a case of stupid doing stupid stuff along with the stupid of leaving the child in a car.

Any intoxicant makes people stupid. However there are right times to get loaded and no so right times. A right time is when your kid is in the care of someone who is sober, and un-right time is to be the one supposed to be caring for your offspring.

One drug ad our school made us watch was one of surgeons about to do surgery on a guy who was awake and screaming (you know, how most surgery is done :tongue: ) with the doctors all smoking pot as they're working with the idiot at the end going, "Still think marijuana should be legal?"

Perhaps it was because I probably did the least drugs that I spoke up first (or maybe the others understood better than I did that you can't reason with those idiots pushing that) but I answered to the invitation for questions, comments with, "Replace that ad with doctors guzzling Jack Daniels and then ask if we think alcohol should be legal, would YOU be convinced to make all alcohol illegal?" (Naturally she couldn't reply but at least I stayed out of the office that time, unlike other times when I pointed out how stupid they were being.)

Thing is, when even TEENS, some of them with drug habits, can see how stupid that the commercials are, then how is it that adults who are presumably sober that stupid? :confused:

To this day I have more respect for pot-smoking teens with a brain than sober adults without one. But then how many are sober with all the LEGAL drugs prescribed and sold over the counter to them, habits of caffeine & alcohol to make our industrial society run more smoothly by controlling sleeping patterns, and even too much TV has a similar effect on brains as recreational chemicals?

VileKyle Wrote:Oh my god dude.... like, chill out and stuff.Sasmokin

Haha, yes!

Spellbound Wrote:This link is interesting:

http://www.drugabuse.gov/publications/dr.../marijuana

Quote:

Effects on Life

Research clearly demonstrates that marijuana has the potential to cause problems in daily life or make a person's existing problems worse. In fact, heavy marijuana users generally report lower life satisfaction, poorer mental and physical health, relationship problems, and less academic and career success compared to their peers who came from similar backgrounds. For example, marijuana use is associated with a higher likelihood of dropping out from school. Several studies also associate workers' marijuana smoking with increased absences, tardiness, accidents, workers' compensation claims, and job turnover.

I hate studies that mix up causation and correlation.

Research has also shown that depression has the potential to cause problems in daily life or make a person's existing problems worse. In fact, heavily depressed people generally report lower life satisfaction, poorer mental and physical health, relationship problems, and less academic and career success compared to their peers who came from similar backgrounds. For example, depression is associated with a higher likelihood of dropping out from school. Several studies also associate workers' depression with increased absences, tardiness, accidents, workers' compensation claims, and job turnover. Highly depressed people who don't get adequate treatment can also start self medicating, abusing many different types of drugs.

Maybe we need to make depression illegal.