Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Answert to texting at the dinner table
This song is a little dated but topical and still funny:

- Cheryl Wheeler

ShiftyNJ Wrote:This song is a little dated but topical and still funny:

- Cheryl Wheeler

Love Cheryl Wheeler Shifty! Mark and I have a couple of her CD's. "Is it Peace or is it Prozac" is one of my favorites. She has a great way of cutting through the BS, finding the truth of something, and making it humorous. Nice choice... "It's the Phone" is great.

Now days I just turn and walk away.

Sent via My Iphone 10 - Jealous yet?

I have a 'stupid phone' and a landline and no one calls me anyway. Why bother with texting?
I bid NO Trump!

LJay Wrote:I have a 'stupid phone' and a landline and no one calls me anyway. Why bother with texting?

i was like that for a time. then embraced the idea of a smart phone. as long as my finances allow it, im keeping that smart phone for making life slightly more convenient.

I despise organized dinners.

Despise.

When I was growing up, not texting at the table (once texting was a thing) was one of those rules like "don't become a mass murderer to innocent victims" or "don't sleep with your teacher's boyfriend." It didn't need to be stated. It was just assumed that you wouldn't do it.

Rareboy Wrote:We make everyone put their txtspk machines away if we have them over for dinner.

And have had no problem calling out people for being rude enough to take messages or send messages while at the table.

It also is the last time they are invited to dine at our table or with us in a restaurant.

^This.

And a dinner, whether "organized" or casual, is a great occasion to interact. If someone is anti-social, then eat alone. Too much work goes into a sit-down dinner to encourage it to be disrespected by such rudeness. It is not cafeteria service.

The video was too Mormon or Lutheran to be much fun. Acting too reserved.

Anyone, family or other, should be turned away from a dinner if unwilling to participate. That was another failure of the video, stark silence. What were the boys missing if there was no dinner conversation. Bad scripting.