Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Antetemporal Gravity
So, I basically coined this new term/concept, "Antetemporal Gravity." From the Latin words "ante" which means before or preceding and "tempus" which means time. I gave this word to describe why history is dragging us down, it sounds negative but I never intended for it to sound that way. Some thinkers say (which could be me), the reason why we don't move on and get technological advances in science and thought, is because "The past does not want to be forgotten." This is what basically describes this term, the past does not want to be forgotten.

knickerbuck Wrote:So, I basically coined this new term/concept, "Antetemporal Gravity." From the Latin words "ante" which means before or preceding and "tempus" which means time. I gave this word to describe why history is dragging us down, it sounds negative but I never intended for it to sound that way. Some thinkers say (which could be me), the reason why we don't move on and get technological advances in science and thought, is because "The past does not want to be forgotten." This is what basically describes this term, the past does not want to be forgotten.
[Image: 1e922712d07d707468cd154559fe9ad6.jpg]

[Image: Technology-Singularity.gif]

The above timeline is NOT to scale. There is over 100,000 years of Homo Sapien 'prehistory' preceding the first red dot. Approximately 17,000 years between the first red dot and the second. 2,900 years between the second and third. A mere 800 years between the third and forth. Etc.

Antetemporal Gravity be damned: We're fast approaching a historical technological singularity.

Yeah, apparently, people want it to progress further, saying that it's not fast enough.