Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anti-aging treatment
I would like to add something here.
First I agree with all the posters above there is a lot of good advice there.
Now I am not trying to preach to anyone here but smoking , dehydration and no sunblock are murder on the skin.
And for men shaving does not help it any , use a good UV moisteriser after you shave instead of aftershave lotion.

Now as for the plastic world of Hollywood , the only reason they are recomending any beauty products are because :

A) They are getting a small fortune for doing so .
B) They don't want you to know that they have had plastic surgery.

Now I would like you to take a good look at yourself in the mirror .
If you are only seeing negative things about yourself, then no magic fountain of youth miracle cream is going to make a difference to the way you look.
The problem is within you.

The best thing you can do for yourself is to smile at your self, go ahead give it a try.
I would like you to find something nice about your self every day, and say it out loud.

I hope this helps.

Most, if not all, of these anti-aging methods out there are full of hot air and BS.

While yes - most definitely yes - there are external and dietary things we can do to slow down the aging process, and more than a few that speeds it up, the predominate factor lies in the parents you picked.

Assuming you eat a generally health diet, get plenty of exercise in your daily activities, do not lay out to bake your skin in the sun and use moderation in drugs, alcohol and various other things, you will age at the rate your DNA tells your body to.

There are creams and oinkments and various other goods on the market that promise to keep your skin young and healthy, vibrant and healthy, for the most part it is a lie, or a half truth.

Aging is a natural part of the human condition and is tied in to many biological triggers and systems. No anti-aging addresses all of this factors, most only focus on the skin and try to program you to believe that you can trick DNA into doing things it can't.

My advice would be to wait until telomere replacement technology is less expensive (I tried to include a link to an article about it, but since I'm a new member it didn't let me. Search Google for "telomere anti aging" or something like that and you should be able to find some info on it). They've done trials with mice that actually reversed the effects of aging, it's a pretty promising treatment.

Actually, there are a number of emerging technologies that are designed to fight aging. Things like cloning your own organs to replace older less healthy ones or "upgrading" some of your biological functions with microscopic machines are well in the works; they should be available to the public within a decade or so. I realize that that's a fair amount of time, but hey, once we have that tech you can be as young as you want =)