Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anti-biotics now no longer effective
This is nothing less than alarming and is due in many cases to doctors prescribing antibiotics haphazardly. On the BBC this morning it was mentioned that 68% of Greeks are susceptible to diseases that can no longer be treated with antibiotics while the percentage in the UK was just 4%. I wish I knew what the percentage is in Spain where patients often demand antibiotics for even minor complaints and, if not given them, complain about the doctor. It is also due to self medication. Too often I hear of people who have a mild cold and say that they are dosing thermselves with antibiotics with no thought of the dangers.

http://nypost.com/2014/04/30/deadly-supe...-globally/

http://www.dw.de/who-warns-of-alarming-r.../a-4144026

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/255405.php

"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

I see this as Mother Nature fixing the wrongs of man.

This whole 'get a minor cut, get a major infection, die' situation is one of those things that kept the species in check.

Mankind has meddled way to much with nature without fully understanding how things really work.

This 'crises' isn't new, its been mounting for decades. I real a Popular Science Magazine article back the 1980's with dire warnings of what the abuse and over use of antibiotics was going to lead to.

Its the Titanic all over again. People warned there were not enough lifeboats before she set sail. Then there were lots of ice warnings as she made her way across the Atlantic. Warning heaped upon warning, and the captain just ignored it and set full steam ahead.

And its not like the international community were clueless, they knew the larger ships were ill equipped. They knew that trouble was brewing.

But true to form for the human species, nothing was done until AFTER a great tragedy.

CFC's and lots of other man made disasters. People warned, experts said 'look out, this ain't going to end well' and each and every single time its not until the manure hit the osculating air moving device that real change was made.

My 'dire' predictions of humanity not lasting much longer and that Over population is going to do the species in is another fine example. Long have the experts said 'we can't sustain so many billions' 'this can't last forever' - anyone listen? Not really. China tried...

Reaping the seeds we sow.... Typical humans.

Struggles for independence and freedom, largely at others' expense, is creating a worldwide trend toward a society of hypochondriacs and psychosomatic ways of perceiving and interpreting on so many levels. This one is one of the more frightening ones though the research and science behind the "medicine of tomorrow" is alive and well. I've read some promising medical journal articles about existing methods for reversing viral and bacterial resistance to antibiotics and newer methods of combating beyond antibiotics. Some of the wildest is the research on medicinal cannabis being shown to help processes and "kill" lots and lots of germs depending on the processing, type, strength, etc. The most interesting recently was the use of a cannabinoid compound to treat children effectively for seizure disorders.
Heart  Life's too short to miss an opportunity to show your love and affection!  Heart

I don't get people that just resort to tablets for anything. Like the people that live off painkillers and take them daily - when you finally need them then they will be useless :/

I'm the type of person that never takes tablets unless I 100% have to. I don't see the need, I have a pain tolerance why not build that up? :S

I do partly agree with it being mother nature trying to balance out because population has grown at a scary rate - people are living longer and longer due to the drugs.. Maybe Mother nature has had enough and wants to thin out the planet!
[COLOR="Purple"]As I grow to understand less and less,
I learn to love it more and more.
[/COLOR]

I am 99.9% sure painkillers have no negative feedback Marky. I refused tablets until a few years ago. I learned to love my painkillers. I don't feel like I have the time for headaches, nevermind the pain. Honestly, I'm not proud of this, but I sometimes take multiple tabelts against pain per day, several days in a week. I do agree that we should try to get by, without having to resort to medicine for minor injuries or minor pains. But don't tell anyone, or I will never get a job, when I finally finish my university degree in pharmacy.

As I understood it, the main issue with antibiotics is that they're added, by default, to livestock foods and we then ingest them when we eat them, drink their milk, etc. Obviously spitting antibiotics left and right is a major concern too, but it's not only the doctor's and/or patient's fault.
The development of antibiotical resistance in bacteria is quite fascinating. I recently in that area in the lab. Quite alarming to visually see how several "wells" of a 24 well plate had mutated resistance genes and thus grew, in spite of the high concentration of antibiotics in the medium.

mother nature did not make anti-biotics made of coal-tar and fluoride poisons. Mother nature provided us all with natural antibiotics such as garlic, honey and plenty of other herbs. Not to mention things like Colloidal Silver and Ozone therapy. We do not need poisonous and useless drugs

Marky Wrote:I don't get people that just resort to tablets for anything. Like the people that live off painkillers and take them daily - when you finally need them then they will be useless :/

I'm the type of person that never takes tablets unless I 100% have to. I don't see the need, I have a pain tolerance why not build that up? :S

I do partly agree with it being mother nature trying to balance out because population has grown at a scary rate - people are living longer and longer due to the drugs.. Maybe Mother nature has had enough and wants to thin out the planet!

Seeing as you have some intelligence my man then I am sure you might find the chemical connection to AIDS interesting and the documentary work of 'House of Numbers' to start you along Smile If we want to heal then we need to use homoeopathy just as the Queen and many powerful families still do to this day because they know the secret which their corporations try to keep secret or discourage the people from knowing. If the people realized the truth then the multi-billion pharmaceutical industries would be gone and only medical trauma systems would be left for road accidents etc. Most of the medical establishment is useless you want to manage and create more disease.