Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anxiety problems
Hi everyone. So, like many people, I have a problem with chronic anxiety, and last night, I had an anxiety attack brought on by my own fear of having one. Since that incident, I feel more or less okay, and I was still able to have a good time with some friends last night, but I still have this lingering fear of having another attack, and today I've been having a lot of sudden ups and downs, and I feel pretty drained. I'm usually very good about this problem, and I think this episode will dissipate within a few days, but it's still kind of unsettling because I just don't feel "normal" right now, like that one attack really threw me off. I just can't seem to let myself feel "good", and I don't really know why. I guess you can call it depression, but that's kind of a strong word for this I think. This is nothing I haven't experienced before, but still, it's unnerving when it happens.

Therapy might work for me, and I might consider it if my problem doesn't go away like I predicted, but I really want to stay away from medication. I don't feel like it's worth it because my anxiety used to be much worse, my panic attacks used to be far more intense, and it all went away on it's own. It only re-surfaces once in a while, not enough to really disrupt my life, so I really don't want to be taking any medication if it isn't necessary.

Anyone know what I mean? I guess I just want reassurance more than anything, like I just want someone to tell me that they know what I'm talking about. So just tell me your thoughts and your experiences, I appreciate anything.

I've used EMDR successful as an alternative to medications in therapy for recovery.
Google eye movement desensitization reprocessing.
http://nrepp.samhsa.gov/ViewIntervention.aspx?id=199
Don't by the hype for and against the modality until you've tried to see if it helps you. Remybussi
Heart  Life's too short to miss an opportunity to show your love and affection!  Heart

CCRox Wrote:I've used EMDR successful as an alternative to medications in therapy for recovery.
Google eye movement desensitization reprocessing.
http://nrepp.samhsa.gov/ViewIntervention.aspx?id=199
Don't by the hype for and against the modality until you've tried to see if it helps you. Remybussi

Never heard of this before... sounds interesting, though I don't have PTSD, just a really over-wired brain, apparently hehe

Bluelight Wrote:Never heard of this before... sounds interesting, though I don't have PTSD, just a really over-wired brain, apparently hehe

PTSD is a strong derivative of anxiety. EMDR is great for generalized anxiety. Talk to professionals about it because this modality, like MANY are effective for some and not for others. Also, it's just a tool to manage symptoms while you learn and acquire other tools, NOT a cure. But I've witnessed dramatic results for realzzz!Bighug
Heart  Life's too short to miss an opportunity to show your love and affection!  Heart