Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any Disney fans?
Any of you guys Disney fans ,I love everything about Disney from the movies,the history,music,books and the theme parks.The gay in me loves the pink palace hotel and the shiny pink castle at Disneyland Paris.So any more gay Mickey Mouse people or just me?

I used to like Disney, when it was the ONLY thing around of that genre'.

Now there is more to choose from, and Disney has gotten all omnipotent and self important, which is a huge turn off for me.

The are greedy mofo's, trying to buy up every franchise they can, in order to be a world dominating market. (like they aren't already?)

So, I still watch some Disney movies, but I'm pretty much not a fan anymore.

there are a lot of disney movies that i like , and ones that i don't like

totally depends on the movie Smile

Disney has always been too slushy and sentimental for me so no, I'm not a fan.
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

I have VERY fond memories of taking my daughter on a daddy/daughter date to see Little Mermaid when she was about five years old. Every time I see the little mermaid it makes me smile.
Heart  Life's too short to miss an opportunity to show your love and affection!  Heart

I just returned from Disney World, though this time it was just Downtown Disney to see Cirque du Soleil: La Nouba (Which is fantastic BTW, and also has some very nice man candy Wink) My partner has begun collecting Disney pins, we'll see how that goes haha.

I just returned from Disneyland (California) yesterday. Went with my best friends family and had a blast. We were standing in the center of Downtown Disney when the earthquake hit Friday night. Many aftershocks over the next couple of days. They would shut down the rides to inspect for about an hour then back to business. Two days is just not enough!! Think I will make it a yearly thing now. I always feel like a little kid when I go there.

I love a lot of Disney, even watched the Disney Channel for years (though not anymore, but I was still happy to learn they gave one of the characters of Good Luck Charlie lesbian moms, and felt bad for the little girl who got death threats right after). But there's also plenty I ignore. And I consider it junk food for the mind (not that I see anything wrong with that as long as it's recognized for what it is).

I also think many Disney executives need to learn the morals about honesty, money not being everything, etc, that are put into so many of their shows and movies (or at least like to know how they react to these moral lessons they themselves reject), and think that the parody South Park did that mocked Disney (The Ring) was well deserved. I also enjoyed Shrek when it came out for twisting the Disney formula around and making a movie that was actually better for kids and adults alike (I also liked Shrek 2, but none after).

I love Disney so much, we came back from the Florida one a few years ago - I would sell my soul to get back their = now they have PIXAR too its just amazing what they can do

I didn't watch Disney Channel in the 90s, but I still found this hilarious...

And gotta love his saying things like, "....and reward ourselves for dealing with the mental scars of our tremendously flawed education system." Roflmao