Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any Musicians Here?
I played the sousaphone and the cello in 5th grade.

I would LOVE to have a cello again, but Id have to learn all over.

Miles Wrote:I've been playing guitar for about ten years, though I'm woefully out of practice. I can play bass as well, and can mess around a bit on piano. I can play a handful of drumbeats but more than anything would love to learn to actually play drums.

Learning music theory and how to read sheet music can be very helpful and I highly recommend looking into that. Don't have to be a master sight reader, but knowing the basics (keys, clefs, intervals, time signatures, cadence etc.) can be really helpful. The key in my mind is to understand that theory is not necessarily prescriptive so much as descriptive - don't think of theory as a set of rules you must adhere to so much as an explanation of musical phenomena and how they work mathematically and aesthetically.

What? lol.......

Counselor Wrote:I took piano lessons when I was maybe 7 or 8, had choir in high school, then took up composing using Propellerhead Reason 3.0. Now there's a 7.0, and I think I might just give up.

Pardon me?

I think i have a good voice, though i may be like one of those deluded people from talent shows

I sing all the time when I'm working otherwise I'm listening to music. Plus I play the bagpipes...

jpazli123 Wrote:I sing all the time when I'm working otherwise I'm listening to music. Plus I play the bagpipes...

Bagpipes? REALLY?

Wow, you must have one set of lungs on you!!!
I hear thats a very difficult instrument to play because of the air blowing into it.

Wow.

i used to play trombone; took some piano lessons; played the alto sax until hs.

one day, i'll repurchase a alto sax

MisterTinkles Wrote:Bagpipes? REALLY?

Wow, you must have one set of lungs on you!!!
I hear thats a very difficult instrument to play because of the air blowing into it.

Wow.

*blowjob joke*

Miles Wrote:Oh no you don't. Don't make me put you in a dress and hurt you.
LOL (I was kidding)

partisan Wrote:Pardon me?

You're excused. :tongue:

Reason is a program for composing music, it's the only thing I use.

I write lyrics and am training my vocals to be a good vocalist. I absolutely love music!