Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any collectors on here?
I collect coins and banknotes from different countries. I also collect and own many books.
An eye for an eye

ever since loosing the XWife been trying to simplify

If I were wealthy I'd have all sorts of collections (and if obscenely wealthy then I'd live in a Victorian manor filled with antiques and steampunk goods, perhaps even custom-made for myself in the steampunk department). And that's odd given how much I'm into scifi...

As it is I don't really collect much of anything. However, I tend to buy dishrags, carpets, wallpaper, dishes, etc, with floral designs (and also butterflies) if that counts...

Mentally I collect Knowledge...I'm just a curious kitty ^o^

And Physically, I collect random small things that have a Memory attached to it. Typically Necklaces, Bracelets, Keys, Toys..etc.

It may sound extremely odd, but I always have loved finding things with a strong resonance and learning about them or even picturing what they may have been through.

But only with smaller things, as large things tend to be cumbersome and have less of a resonance...(However, an old Fedora I once saw had a very interesting history...)

We should all know by now our Odi here is quite Odd Wink

Hmmm... I collect a few things, although I'm not sure if all of them would really qualify as collections, because they're kinda generic. But I'll list them anyway Smile

Manga & Anime DVDs
Hello Kitty Merchandise
Gemstones (Precious & Semi-precious stones, but not jewellery)
Alice & Wonderlands (different copies/editions)
Anime Plushies/Figurines/Mugs
Retro Cartoon DVDs (He-Man, Thundercats, etc)
Pear Ornaments (NO idea how it started...)
Baseball Boots (aiming for every colour ever seen by man or beast)
Skull accessories/ornaments/merchandise/anything

Used to have a lot more collections that were ACTUAL collections, but when I got my house, about 95% of my belongings never made it from my parents house to mine, so everything kind of started from scratch. Nontheless, I've built up some pretty decent collections in the past few years. Even if I am having to re-find many things I used to have before.

kidchameleon Wrote:Hmmm... I collect a few things, although I'm not sure if all of them would really qualify as collections, because they're kinda generic. But I'll list them anyway Smile

Manga & Anime DVDs
Hello Kitty Merchandise
Gemstones (Precious & Semi-precious stones, but not jewellery)
Alice & Wonderlands (different copies/editions)
Anime Plushies/Figurines/Mugs
Retro Cartoon DVDs (He-Man, Thundercats, etc)
Pear Ornaments (NO idea how it started...)
Baseball Boots (aiming for every colour ever seen by man or beast)
Skull accessories/ornaments/merchandise/anything

Used to have a lot more collections that were ACTUAL collections, but when I got my house, about 95% of my belongings never made it from my parents house to mine, so everything kind of started from scratch. Nontheless, I've built up some pretty decent collections in the past few years. Even if I am having to re-find many things I used to have before.

I'm glad half of that was hot and half was the opposite so we still reached a neutral state. It could have been awkward otherwise.

SolemnBoy Wrote:I'm glad half of that was hot and half was the opposite so we still reached a neutral state. It could have been awkward otherwise.

Haha, yeah. Very awkward I'm sure Laugh

So, what half are "cold" exactly Mr. Solem? :p

For me it's candles and herbs -- I have far too many of both (yet somehow still, never enough, as I keep adding to the collection). Aside from that, I have a lot of CD's.. and A LOT of The Nightmare Before Christmas merchandise.

kidchameleon Wrote:Haha, yeah. Very awkward I'm sure Laugh

So, what half are "cold" exactly Mr. Solem? :p

The ones unrelated to anime and Alice in Wonderland of course.

I use to collect yu-gi-oh cards, and baseball cards